CHAPTER 34

"Jewel."

"Jewel."

"Jewel."

I opened my eyes and frantically look around for Jewel. I know those white walls and the smell of medicine that I am in a hospital. But why am I even here? What happened? My stomach is hurting and I don't even know why. Was I in surgery?

What I only remember is Jewel crying and touching my face.

I still look around from this small space, but what I only noticed is James sitting on a chair beside me.

He gazed at me, amusingly.

What now?

"Continue saying my sister's name and I might think you're a creep."

"What?"I was flabbergasted. Why is he here? My uncle should be here or tita. Some relatives of mine, not this as*hole. I touched my head when it started hurting and images flashed in my mind of Jewel getting hurt, Jewel crying, and a gun pointed on her head. I felt shock and fear consumed me. Then,  a sound of gunshot. F*CK! JEWEL! WHERE IS JEWEL?! "Jewel! Where is she? Is she safe? Is she hurt?"I asked James and hold his arm tightly. He gazed at me with his brows furrowed before pulling my hand away.

"Yes. Lots of broken bones, but she's...safe."he stated, coldly.

I didn't sigh out of relief. Broken bones, but she's safe. It didn't make me feel better. F*ck them! I will hunt them down!

"Why are you here, James?"I asked him. I have an idea why he's here, and I need to approve it. My jaw clenched and my hands form into fists.

"Wandered off."he replied and even shrugged his shoulders. My brows furrowed.

"Where's my uncle?"

"He's sorting things out. You have hurt a lot of people on that abandoned place."He smirked and I looked away. I sighed."Are you gonna asked me where mommy and daddy is?"

My eyes turned cold and James noticed my change of emotion."I don't need to know where they are." I stated, coldly. "Seriously, Smith. Why are you here?"I asked, once more."If this is about Jewel-"

"It will always be about my sister."

"You want me to stay away from her, am I correct?"I asked, coldly, and he laughed, amusingly. Different from what I'm feeling.

"I came here to say thank you for saving her."he said and smiled at me. Not cold. Not sarcastic. A bit genuine.

I scoffed. "Oh, please. I am still the same as those a*sholes who kidnap her. They were my enemies and they were mine, alone."I said and his smile faltered. "And they use Jewel for their petite revenge. You have the reasons to tell me to stay away from her."

"I know, for a fact, that if I wouldn't tell you to stay away from my sister, you would still do it."he said. I glance away. Because he was right. I blame myself for what happened. I shouldn't have gotten close to Jewel. I should have thought of the million reasons that it could go wrong. I should have used my f*cking brain, but instead I listened to my heart. "I'm not a f*cking idiot."he said. "I won't stop you from staying away from my sister just as I'm not stopping my sister from always approaching you. You know, she is very.."

"..stubborn."A small edged my lips. James noticed that and I immediately turned back to stoic.

"Would that make you happy?"He asked. I gazed at him and he looked serious.

No. It would never be. Jewel is my ball of sunshine and losing her, will be like losing my life. But I'd rather lose her as my sunshine, than endanger her. She doesn't deserve someone like me. A f*cking heartless person.