CHAPTER 39

"What am I gonna do now?!"I tiredly asked as I sit at a nearby chair. Today is Jace's birthday and we are at the mall finding something to give him. The girls already picked one, however I was having a hard time.

"Bakit ba kasi wala kang mapiling regalo kay Jace?"reklamo ni Amber. Looks like she is also tired from following me around looking for his gift.

"Oo nga, Jewel. Ang dami naman diyan. Relo, Tshirt, Phone-"sabi ni Sapphire.

"She wants it to be unique."Natasha stated the obvious.

"Right you are, Natasha."I smiled at her."I want something that he doesn't have. Something that he wants in his life."

"How about you wrap yourself with ribbons and go to Jace?"Amber sarcastically said and I heard my friends laughed. However, I pursed my lips sinking her suggestion to my head and then I had it.

"That's it!"I said when I had an idea. Tumingin sila sa akin na nagtataka sa bigla ko pagsalita.

"What?Wrap yourself with ribbons?"Natasha asked and they all gazed at me in confusion.

"No. I have an idea."I smiled and grab my bag."Let's go home."Napaawang ang labi nila sa sinabi ko.

"Pero wala ka man lang binili?"tanong ni Sapphire.

"Its already arrived."I smirked and they still stared at me, confuse.

"Eh?"

We were walking home when suddenly my phone rang. I took it from my sling bag and my eyes widened when it was Jace!

I immediately answered it.

"Hello?"

[Where are you?]he immediately asked and he sounds worried.

"At the mall. Why?"My brows furrowed.

[Who are you with?]

"My friends. You are acting very strange, Jace."sabi ko at bumuntong-hininga ito.

[I'm just worried.]

"Happy birthday!"I greeted him and I can feel him smiling from the other line.

[Thanks.]he said.[So, should I pick you up at the mall?]

"No. Pauwi na din kami sa bahay."

[That's good. I am actually at your house.]he chuckled and my eyes widen.

"What?!Why didn't you say anything?"

"Because I thought you're here."he chuckled. "We're going somewhere."

"Where?"I asked in curiousity.

"Its a secret."he teased and I rolled my eyes.

"Bye."

[Bye, mon ange.]my angel. He said and ended the call. I smiled while looking at my phone. He has a lot of endearments of me in French and some I already know because he taught me.

"Sana all!"Amber said while smirking at me.

"Ang daming ants!"Natasha said while slapping her arms killing her 'invisible ants'.

"Oo nga!"Sapphire agreed while doing the same thing as Natasha.

"Shut up."I said and Amber nudged me, playfully.

"Let's go home, so you can see your future boyfriend."Amber said and I rolled my eyes.

"Kailan mo ba sasagutin si Jace?"curious na tanong ni Sapphire.

"In time."

When we reached the house, I saw Jace leaning to his car and looking at his phone, while pursing his lips. I immediately ran to him and when he heard someone running, he looked up and saw me. A smile immediately appeared on his lips.