CHAPTER 3

"Jewel, are you finished? We need to leave."I heard my cousin's voice, outside.

"Just a minute," I shouted, before putting a hairclip on my hair and leaving my room.

We walk our way towards the café because it's closer to our home and the University that I would be studying. We would pass Montezalde University first before we arrive at the cafe. I had a glimpse of the school and it was huge. Bernard University and Montezalde University have a resemblance that I suddenly miss home.

After we passed the school, we arrived at the cafe. Malaki ito. Like a medium house. Its white walls and brown borders made it look classy. There were even plants and different flowers in front of the big window which can make you see the people inside, who are sipping their coffees and eating delicious meals. I can even see some waiters who are moving around and giving their orders.

As we walked in front of the door and there, I saw the name of the cafe, engraved in gold with designs on the bottoms a cup of coffee.

Sweet Moments Cafe

'Cute name'

My mouth was agape as we entered inside. The cafe walls were white and the borders were light colors. There were plants in every area that gave the place a calming and peaceful vibe.

"Oh!May kasama pala kayo."ngiting sabi ng lalaki na lumapit sa amin. He wore his work attire. His hair is curly and messy and he was quite tall, 5'9 I think. His brown eyes radiating when he saw us.

"Hi."I smiled.

"Carter, by the way."ngiting sabi niya at naglahad ng kamay.

"Jewel." I accepted it.

"What a nice name." I just smiled at him. Suddenly, Amber pulled me towards her and Carter smirked.

"Don't flirt with my cousin, Carter." I gazed at Amber, looking perplexed.

"You two are cousins? It's not very noticeable, since Jewel is pretty, while you look like a monkey." Carter grinned and I couldn't help but laugh, while Amber look pissed.

"Hoy! Anong unggoy!?"sigaw ni Amber."Ang kapal ng mukha mo!Ang piling mo din, hindi ka naman gwapo!"

"Opinyon mo lang iyan at wala akong pakialam." Carter grinned and winked at me.

"Che!" Amber rolled her eyes. We started walking away from Carter and went to the office of the manager. We entered her office and I was flabbergasted to see how beautiful she was. She beamed at me and motioned us to sit.

"Ma'am Janice, she's the one who I'm telling you about who wanted to work in this café." Amber introduced me.

"Oh, you're so pretty, dear."ngiting sabi ni Ma'am Janice. She looks like in her early 40s, like my mom. I looked down at the table on the name pleated.

Mrs. Janice Montezalde

Owner

A Montezalde? I heard they are an old family clan that they have been existing ever since medieval times. They were old money rich and had different families around the world, maybe be a legal child or a bastard. The name of the University is also Montezalde. Maybe, they are relatives, considering this is close to the University.

"Thank you, po."

"You are hired." My eyes widened and my mouth agape as I stared at her in disbelief.

"Really?! I don't need to have an interview or submit some papers?"

"Your cousin already finishes it." As soon as Ma'am Janice uttered those words, my gaze immediately went to my cousin, who just looked away. I smiled. Even though she's a bit of a maldita, she's one of the kindest people that you will ever meet.