CHAPTER 13

"What am I gonna do now?"I asked and covered myself with the pillow. We were now on the sofa, discussing what punishment the dean would give to me, and I tell you their answers were not helpful! They told me that I might get expelled!

"Kailangan mo tawagin ang kuya mo."sabi ni Amber at bumuntong-hininga ako.

"He's gonna be mad," I said grabbed my phone, and called Kuya James on Facetime. He's gonna freaking kill me, for sure!

When he answered the call, I sighed. Okay, this is it Jewelry Grace Smith!

[Why did you call, little sis?]tanong ni kuya James.

"Uhh-I have a problem," I said and bit my lips and he looked at me, seriously.

[What is this about?]he asked in a serious tone and I sighed.

"I got into trouble," I said and closed my eyes. I was greeted by silence from the other line so I decided to open my eyes and I saw him looking at me, intently.

[What did you do?]

"It wasn't my fault. She started it, but the dean said we have equal punishment. Can you believe it?"inis kong tanong at kita ko naman ang tatlo na nakatingin lang sa akin at ngumiti. Maybe trying to give me confidence, because I was scared of Kuya.

[Jewel, anong nangyari?]

"She attacked me at the cafeteria because I was stealing her ex-boyfriend. I repeat, ex-boyfriend!"I said and rolled my eyes."And then, the dean called and we were requested to come to his office and had equal punishment."

[What did she do, Jewel?]tanong niya kaya hindi ko mapigilan mapairap. I already told him about this!Kailangan pa ba talaga ulitin!?

"I already told you, she attacked me!"inis kong sigaw at bumuntong-hininga ito.

[Okay, let me rephrase that question. How did she attack you?]he asked and my mouth formed an 'o'.

"Well, she pulled my hair and pushed me and I got hit at the table-"

[Sh*t. Are you okay?]nag-alala niyang tanong.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine."

[We'll be there.]he said and was about to end the call, but I stopped him.

"Wait!What do you mean 'we'?"takang tanong ko.

[All of us.]at nakita ko lahat ng kuya ko sa facetime! Oh no!

[Expect us to be there at your school at noon.]he said and ended the call.

"Sh*t!I'm screwed!"I said and I pulled my hair!

"Well, I'm gonna say that's sweet," Sapphire said and I looked at her, unbelievably. She is not helping!

"It's not sweet! They're gonna punish me!"inis kong sabi at humiga a couch. Why must my life be so miserable?

"They obviously cared about you."sabi ni Natasha kaya napatingin ako sa kanya. She's right, even if they keep on teasing me and being so overprotective about me, but I know that they only did that to protect me because they cared and loved me."I wish I had brothers like that."

"I need to go to sleep."sabi ko at tumayo kaya napatingin sila sa akin.

"Sleep well, Jewel."sabi ni Amber at tumango ako.

"Yeah, don't let the bed bug bite."I chuckled, before going up the stairs and into my room. I lay on my bed and looked at the ceilings. And then I fell asleep.

The next morning, I woke up early, as always. I wore a simple black top matched with a white coat and black pants. I also braid my hair and a hair clip that is designed like a sun. When I was done, I went out of my room and prepared breakfast. Minutes later, they came down and we started eating.