CHAPTER 4

"I can't believe you made me come here, Mr. Smith." I sat on the chair across from him. I gazed around the room and I noticed a shelf that was filled with different car mannequins.

"If you are serious about this job, then it's no problem for you to come here."

"And I have proven that," I smirked.

"What is your reason for doing this?" his eyes surveyed me like a panther waiting to eat his prey. But he also forgot that I was also a predator myself.

"I told you, I am more capable."

"I don't think that's your reason." he leaned himself to his chair.

"It's a little bit of enjoyment in my life." I can still feel her lips meeting mine and her heavy breathing. F*ck. That little gasp she makes after kissing me. I remember it all and yet I shouldn't. James would kill me if he found out that I kissed his sister.

"Is your life too boring that you decided to bring my sister to your wretched life?" he asked, sarcastically. I nodded, still a smirk edged on my lips. No, your sister just feels too interesting to me. "My sister is not a doll."

"You sure treat her as one." His brows furrowed, wondering what I meant. Overprotective bastard. I got the appeal of why he protects her. I would, too. But too much is not ideal. "Fragile doll."

"It does not matter how I treat my sister. Our conversation is why you so badly want to take a job as my sister's bodyguard."

"Don't you want that? It's a win-win situation. Me, protecting your sister would add flavor to my life, and you, being the overprotective brother would not be worried about your sister's well-being." He continued to gaze at me. "Look. No one is more capable in this job than me. You know that. I beat the one you hired; do you want that buffoon to be the one protecting your sister? If I were you, I would not want that."

"That's because you're not me and you certainly want that." he pursed his lips and sighed. "Fine." I grinned. I stood up and offered my hand. He just stared at it with no expression on his face.

"Shake hands to seal our deal?" I asked him and he stood up. "Just like the first ever handshake in the ninth century BCE, in which depicts King Marduk-Zakir-Shumi I of Babylonia shaking hands to ally with the King Assyrian King Shalannezer III."

"And you just had to include an interesting fact," I smirked and he accepted my hand. "How are you sure, you won't be holding the gun?" He didn't let go of my hand.

"Don't worry. I'm not carrying any weapon."

"That would be me," he smirked like he was waiting for the time to kill me. "If something happens to my sister, I would be the one to personally kill you." A sudden impact on my face made me look away. I cursed and touched my cheek.

Before I recovered, he touched my polo and moved me closer. He smirked. "That's for kissing my sister," I smirked.

So, he knows after all.

***

I woke up with an extreme headache! I got out of bed took a shower and looked at the clock. It was already 6 o'clock and classes started at 8 o'clock.

I chose an outfit that I would wear at school. After getting dressed, I head down and go to the kitchen, expecting that the girls would be there, but I am greeted with a gust of wind from the emptiness of the kitchen. Maybe, they were sleeping.

I decided to cook breakfast and pancakes will be okay. I went to Amber's room and knocked on her door before entering inside. She was still soundly sleeping, and her hair was like a bird's nest. I grimaced and came closer to her.