CHAPTER 38

"Anong nangyari sa kanya?"rinig ko ang pagtanong ni Carter kaila Amber. He must have noticed that my fidgeting and the paleness of my skin.

Amber shrugged her shoulders."She's gonna meet his parents in an hour."

"Ahhh kaya pala."

I was already waiting for Jace at the cafe, since I just finish my shift. And d*mn! I was already nervous. The thought of meeting his parents and introducing myself as her girlfriend-no! Not girlfriend, the person he is courting right now. But still, I was up all night thinking what to wear and what to say.

"Jewel, are you okay?"Sapphire asked and tapped my shoulders to break me from the trance.

"Hmm oo.M-may iniisip lang."I smiled at her,but it came up as a frown.

"Are you nervous?"she asked the obvious.

"If you met Rigel's parents in an hour, would you be calm?"I asked, sarcastically and she chuckled.

"Actually."she started."Magkakilala na ang parents namin ni Rigel dahil business partners ang dalawa."

"Lucky."

"Don't worry, Jewel. I'm sure they are nice."she said while rubbing my shoulders. It lessen the pressure I was feeling because of her comfort.

I already met his mother, but I couldn't say the same thing to his father. Do they look the same and act the same? What if his father doesn't like me and would rather have someone else for Jace?

I cursed innerly and pinch my hand trying to calm the uneasy feeling bubbling inside my stomach. I can feel tiny shards of glass ripping from the inside because of my what ifs.

"Have you met his dad?"I asked and glanced at her.

"Although I have seen him at parties, but I never had a chance to speak to him."

I sighed. Parang mysterious din ang magulang ni Jace, kagaya niya. Doon siguro siya nagmana.

My body tensed when I saw an Aston Martin parked at the parking area. I know that f*cking car anywhere!

And I was right, Jace got off the car and smiled when he saw me waiting at the entrance.

He approached me and I smiled at him, the opposite of what I felt on the inside. I can feel my organs ripping apart and I had to manage myself by not vomiting.

When he stood infront of me, he held my hand and rubbed circles trying to erase the uneasiness I was feeling. It didn't go away, but it lessened my uneasiness.

"Nervous?"

"Who wouldn't?"I sarcastically asked. He smiled at me and had that sincere look in his eyes.

"Listen, I can tell them that you're busy-"

"I'll be described as a coward, Mr.Montezalde."I cut him off.

"Just trying to give you something a piece of mind."

"Let's go."I said and grabbed his hand so we can get this over with. I heard him chuckle as I practically dragged him. I heard our friends saying good luck and some encouraging words.

Really appreciate it.

Jace opened the door for me and I entered his car.I put the seatbelt on as he walked to the part of the driver seat. He entered the car and locked the door. He glanced at me before starting the engine of his car and we head off to his parents house.

I was just looking outside the whole way and practically thinking of answers from questions that they might possibly ask. There's a possibility that they will ask about my mom and dad, and I have to kept my feelings aside. I don't want to cry infront of them, that would be hella embarrassing!