CHAPTER 46

THANK YOU FOR THE 1.04K READS, READERS!

.

.

.

They say the truth can set you free, but what if it involves someone you idolized or loved for a long time who was not the person you thought to be? What if the truth is connected to your past? A past that you're still holding on to, after all those years, because you can't move on, even if you want to.

It hurt me to see Jace throwing things around. Broken vases and a shattered frame of his grandfather lay on the floor. Blood was on his hands as he held a broken glass. He kneeled at the picture of his grandfather and marked an X using the broken glass.

"F*CKING A**HOLE! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?! HOW DARE YOU MANIPULATE ME?! LOATHE MY FAMILY, BECAUSE OF YOU! HOW COULD YOU?!! I HATE YOU SO F*CKING MUCH!"

Mabilis ko nilapitan si Jace nang makitang hawak na niya ang isang sirang glass at tinapat sa kanyang sarili.

I held his fist, which was holding the broken glass. He stared at me, bloodshot. "Please, give me the glass. P-please, don't do this." I pleaded. He dropped the glass and I grabbed his hand slowly making him stand up. Hinayaan niya ako hanggang makapunta kami sa kwarto niya. There, I embraced him. He crashed into me and let all his emotions out.

"J-jewel." He said my name and hugged me, tightly, like he didn't want to let go.

"Shh. I-I'm here. Y-you're not alone." I comforted him. "Shout. Do anything as you please. I'm here."

"I want him alive and I'll kill him myself." He hugged me tighter. "I loathe him so much, Jewel. Gusto ko siya patayin, kahit patay na siya. Gusto ko iparamdam sa kanya ang galit ko. All this time, my family loved me, but I was blinded by lies. H-he manipulated and just used me. I hate him so much, Jewel."He put his head on my shoulder. My clothes were already wet, because of his cries. "I-I feel so betrayed."

"Shh."

"I couldn't believe he could do this. He was the only one there for me a-and I trusted him."

It hurts me to see him like this. I wish I could do something to take all the pain away from him and pass it on to me. Sana, ako nalang iyong nasaktan.

I felt him fall asleep on me and I let him rest. I got up, but his hand suddenly held me. I turned to him and his brows were furrowed. Mas lalo niya hinigpit ang paghawak sa aking kamay. I smiled and kissed him on the forehead. He smiled and his hand slowly loosened.

I went out and got some bandages, so I could tend his wounds. While he was asleep, I tended his wounds and cleaned the broken glass.

"Jewel."I turned to him when he woke up. His eyes were searching for me. I went to him and held his hand.

"Hey." I smiled at him. He reached out to kiss me and I kissed him back, tenderly. When he let go of the kiss, he noticed his hands being wrapped in bandages.

"What could I do without you?" He asked and I smiled. He reaches out to touch the back of my head, where it is still wrapped in bandages. His eyes look sorrowful.

"Does it hurt?"

"Hindi na." I smiled. He pulled me to bed and I lay beside him. His hands were all around like he was afraid that I would disappear. I softly tap his hand assuring him that I will never leave him.

"Jewel."

"Hmm?"

"I'm scared." He sighed. "I'm scared that I'll become like him."

"No, you're not. You're not a monster." I stared at his beautiful brown eyes that I had fallen in love with.

"How do you know that?" He whispered. He sounded doubtful to himself that it broke my heart.