CHAPTER 11

You need to remember why you're here. You need to remember why you're in this country. You have a goal. Stick to it. You can't afford distractions.

Some were still eyeing me with judgemental eyes and some were just minding their business. Maybe they have now moved on from what I did to the lovely owner of the school. Note my sarcasm.

While we were walking to our class, I saw the 4. The three were smiling at us, while Jace was just bored looking at them, but when our eyes met he instantly smirked and I immediately looked away.

"I will not get into fights," I muttered to myself over and over. Sinking into my head that I would not talk to him or even look at him. I have to remember my goal why I came here in this country. To graduate. To save money. To travel and find my father.

When I sat in my seat, the bell rang. I sighed when I realized that this was the most challenging part. He is f*cking sitting beside me!

He entered the class, with a smirk, that made girls in our class drool and gaze at him like he was a beautiful sculpture. If he was in the books, I would have died just to be with him, but he wasn't. He wasn't like the boys in the books, he was a big jerk!

He took his seat and glanced at me and I was just looking in a different direction.

"Beautiful day, isn't it?" he asked, but I didn't respond. If this was the old me, I would have said, 'It was a beautiful day, but you just had to ruin it.' "Did you have a bad day, that you decided not to talk to me?" he asked.'No, you prick!' "Boring," he said and sighed, but his gaze lingered.

I was calming myself and kept repeating to myself not to slap him because I was starting to get uncomfortable with his stares. The whole class was like a nightmare because I was holding myself.

I immediately stormed out of class and went to the cafeteria, after the class was finished. I ordered some food and decided to eat in the garden. I informed the three about this and they asked me 'why'? I told them that if I saw his face, I would not hold myself and punch him.

I go to a garden since that's the only place where I feel relaxed and peaceful. When I got there, I heard noises like some arguing. I was about to leave when I suddenly heard a familiar voice. My brows furrowed and I came closer, I covered my mouth and hid in the tree when I saw Jace and a woman. I remembered what Natasha said about Penny going here in secret, whenever Jace is here. Now, I'm here witnessing them argue.

This might be tiring for Jace because every time he goes here, someone erupts his mood by a person who keeps on begging him to come back to her. But why do I care about him?

She was the same girl that was glaring at me. I didn't mind her physical appearance during that time, because I was still wondering if she would do something or not. But right now, I can look at her. Like really look at her. Her cheeks and nose were flush. Her eyes were red from tears as her tears fell from her cheeks. She wore a red bodycon dress and black boots. Her hair was curled. She looks pretty. The innocent type of pretty. But as they all said, she is hiding behind a mask. She is not an innocent woman, but a player. And she played well with Jace to get to his brother. But I don't think it works, considering that Jace's brother is in the U.S. and she's now begging Jace to take her back.

I never thought Jace could be played with a woman. I never thought it would happen to him, considering his observative and calculative mind. He's much more of a manipulator than Penny is. But it seems love can make you d*mn crazy. At least, he woke up now. No display of emotion on his face as he stared at Penelope.

"Jace, mahal kita eh!" Her lips quivered.

F*ck. I want to vomit. It's so cringe.

"I don't believe you, Penny." Jace said. "You just used me to get to my brother. You even said it yourself that you don't love me. Now tell me. Why should I believe you?"