56. Trouble

Dakota POV

I hear a loud crash and a groan. Startled, I jump up from my painting and peek over the edge of the loft. Nobody is within sight range so I let out a breath.

"Maybe I'm so focused on this that I'm hearing things now." I chuckle to myself, looking back at the canvas with a frown. Ever since Blade and I had that moment, and are beginning to hangout more, all I can think about is him. It's driving me crazy. I'm not one of those girls to be all 'what are we? I need a label' but we've made out a couple times and then he took me to that big dinner 'as a friend, not a date' after taking me out on a date. I have no clue what to think and clearly, judging on the messy splattering of a bike I've been apparently painting, it's really affecting my work.

Another loud groan brings me out of my train of thought and I grab a roll of plastic tarp that I use to keep the mess out, and hold it out in front of me as a weapon.

If someone is breaking in, I'm gonna lose it.

I cautiously peek over the edge and climb slowly down my stairs to the main floor, gripping the tarp as if I could actually knock out a burglar.

I hop over the rail as I get to the last couple steps, like the ninja woman I am, and come face to face with JT, half his body trapped under a large barbell. I drop the tarp and he looks up at me, shock covering his face as he squirms to lift it off.

"JT. What the FUCK do you think you're doing?!" I gasp, letting it roll away as I cross my arms at him.

He plants a smirk across his face. "What's that?"

"A giant ass roll of tarp. What does it look like?" I huff. "Forgive me if I thought all the noise was someone coming to rob us."

He chuckles, despite the painful and embarrassing situation he's in. "And you were what? Going to beat them with a piece of plastic?"

"A ROLL of plastic tarp, yes. It would work." I feel a bit of shame coming over me, but I brush it away as I reevaluate the situation in front of me. "You're hardly in a position to be judging me though. What are you doing?"

He looks down, hesitating as he's unable to find a good excuse. Eventually he lets out a long sigh. "Okay, fine. I was trying to workout."

"What? J. Do you have any idea what Kasey would say to this!?" I gasp. "You're gonna be in such big trouble."  She's going to flip out big time. Her redhead wrath will cover this house for days.

"I know, I know just please get this off of me. I pushed too far and I can't lift it."

I rush over and lift the bar off of him with almost no difficulty. "This weighs like 2 pounds." I snort. "Are you messing with me?"

He flips me off and limps over to the couch, massaging his shoulder. "First of all, the bar itself is 20 so it was like 50 pounds, don't be so dramatic. But this is exactly my point, Dakota. I can't do fucking anything!" He says loudly.

"Okay, okay. Chill. I'll go grab an ice pack." I raise my hands in surrender.

"The boys are driving out tomorrow, and they didn't even ask me to come with them. So yeah. I'm pissed off."

"Injuring yourself further ain't gonna help at all. Kasey has done probably 4 performances on broken bones or pulled muscles, but that's obviously not going to help in the long run. Are you doing the stretches Liam gave you?"

JT gives me a dirty glare. "Fuckin Doc. Stretches, Dakota? Really. I got jumped by 3 guys and am taking forever to heal but instead of building back my muscle strength you want me to do some stupid stretching."