61. Chicago

I'm woken up with a shake. "Wha?" I look around for a second, mild panic kicking in as I don't recognize anything.

"WE'RE HEEERE." Dakota sings in my ear, her hands still firmly gripping my shoulders as she shakes me again. "Windy cityyyy!"

"Oh. man I didn't realize I was asleep." I yawn.

"I didn't wanna wake you, Kase. You're precious when you're asleep." Jake winks at me, still able to make me blush like the first time I saw him.

"BARF." Dakota snorts. "She's an ugly sleeper and we all know it."

"Hey!" I frown at her, sitting up straight and wiping away the drool.

"Not true. However, you missed some drool." Jake laughs.

"Making fun of me, how rude yall."

"You slept for literally 5 hours and all three of us moved every so often to switch drivers yet you stayed asleep." Dakota rolls her eyes.

"I'm tireddd." I mumble. "Theyre going to lay the foundation soon and shit's about to get real. I need to make sure that everything is perfect and ready.. I've been on the phone nonstop."

"That's true." Jake remarks. "Last time I stayed over I paused the movie like four times so she could answer the phone, even though that's what Rosa is for."

"Babe, she needed an answer right away so I gave her one!" I roll my eyes at him. "The point is don't make fun of my sleep."

We roll up to a big compound, probably double the size of our hawks clubhouse, and Jake buzzes the button.

"Well, well, well. Look who we have here." A man says over the intercom.

"Rooster? That you?" Jake laughs.

"Boss man, JT! How's it goin, brother?" 'Rooster' bellows

"Good, man. Gonna let us in?"

"Yeah, looks like the others are running late." He laughs. "Maybe I'll give 'em a hard time."

Jake chuckles, his dimple coming out. "Yeah man, we lost most of them on the highway."

"Well, park around the left side. See you soon."

*beep*

The gates come rumbling open and we drive in and park where instructed.

"Do we take our bags?" I start to match Dakota's excited energy as we hop out of the truck.

"I don't understand why you two packed 2 suitcases each.. we're going to be here for 3 days." Blade rumbles.

"Psh. You wouldn't get it." She pats his chest. I watch the movement, raising my eyebrows at her when she looks at me. She immediately removes her hand and looks at the ground to avoid my smirk.

"In answer to your question, Kase. We're staying at a hotel a few blocks away, but since most of the time you won't get to interact with other hawks, we're having a little intro night."

"Oooh. Fun!" Dakota cheers. "I love introductions. Are we going to order a pizza and watch a movie?"

"Dakota. We're bikers. Not teenage girls." Jake teases her.

"In her defense, technically we are still teenage girls." I remind him.

Blade rubs a hand across his face and murmurs something that sounds like "god. I'm so old."

"Anyway...the others are takin' their sweet time, so there's no point standing around waiting." Jake laughs. "Let's go in."

The room we enter is similar to ours back home, with a couch area and a tv in the corner, and hallways leading to various rooms, but it's definitely double the size. And packed full of men in leather. As we walk through the door, immediately we're flooded with noise and the men jumping up to see us.