14. The Gym

"Well, how am I supposed to know what side of the bed you want your nightstand on?" I roll my eyes.

"KASEI! We're best friends! We know everything about each other!"

I sigh. "Umm...put it on the left side."

"That's what I was leaning towards, too."

"May I remind you that you don't need to figure out where everything is going UNTIL we actually move in?" I huff

"We'd look pretty dumb if we got to our new place and didn't know where to put things. Okay, so how's the gym?"

"I haven't even done anything yet because SOMEBODY keeps calling and interrupting me" I huff jokingly, walking towards a treadmill.

"Oops. #sorrynotsorry" Dakota giggles from the other end.

"You don't put the hashtag in front of your sentence, Kota."

"I do."

"Whatever, weirdo. Just let me workout."

"Fine, bossy pants. And don't stay at the barre the whole time." She instructs.

"I was actually going to the treadmills, not that it's any of your business." I say. I should be going to the barre, I should be practicing like Alondra says, but I can't drag myself to. 

"Okay, I gotta go now. Wait. One more thing. How should I put the teapots in?"

"You're joking, right? We have teapots?"

"Yep. So..? Teapot, peanuts, teapot? Or teapot, teapot, lots of peanuts?" 

"I have no idea what you're talking about." 

"Packing peanuts. They go in boxes of fragile things, like our teapots?"

"Dakota. We don't even drink tea!" I chuckle. "How do we have more than one teapot?" 

"Um..." There's silence on the other end for a bit."I'm not sure, but you haven't answered the question."

"We don't need them. Put them wherever the hell you want to." 

"Okay babes, I'm sensing some hostility about the teapots, so I'll just step away from that for a second...what about the teacups?" 

I snort. "All the tea related things belong in the trash." I hang up on her as she goes to say something else. I need to workout and distracting me with other subjects is not going to help.  I decide what playlist I'm in the mood for and crank it up, slipping my phone into my shorts.

As I'm about to step onto the treadmills, I see a familiar face at the punching bags. "Hey, Keila!" I call, walking over.

She stops her workout and takes an earbud out of her ear. "Kase! What are you doing here?" she takes a gulp of water.

"Well, this is the gym closest to where Dakota and I are going to live, so I came to check it out." I chuckle and pause my music. "Although I haven't really started yet, because she keeps calling me and asking about household objects I didn't know we owned." I laugh. "Why are you here?"

"I have a membership here, and honestly always preferred working out here instead of the clubhouse." She wipes a drop of sweat off her neck. "I'm actually here with my brother. It's one of the first times I've managed to convince him to work out here." She lowers her voice. "He likes his own gym more, but you can never have peace in the Hawks gym. Someone always comes in to interrupt and make more work. I think the quiet is worth more than the convenience so got him a membership for New Years, the idiot's barely used it though. Ah well."  She laughs and takes another swig from her water bottle.