48. Business Dinner

sorry its late at night but if I don't post it now I'll just keep forgetting til the end of time...love yall

___________________________-

"Um, I'm sorry, Kase...but I just got called over." Dakota gestures to where a small group is standing around Blade. He waves her over again.

"Wow. First Keila leaves me for Thorn, now you're leaving me for Blade?"

"Um, well unless you want me..." She holds up a couple fingers in a 'wait!' gesture to him.

"I'm joking. Go, leave me to chill awkwardly here. I got my bubbly to keep me company. We'll be together at the meal anyway." I make a shooing motion.

"Well he may go all caveman soon and grab me anyway so...I'll see you later." a deep blush forms on her cheeks.

I chuckle. "Okay then, I'll catch up with you later." I wave as I walk back towards my table. When Jake told me about this black tie business convention thing, I at first thought it sounded like a snooze fest, but actually, I'm meeting some pretty cool people, the appetizers are great, and it's not boring. Jake ran off to do something for a few minutes, and left me at the table. Dakota found me, and invited me over to the group to chat, but as the group slowly dispersed, I'm just enjoying my champagne alone now.

It's interesting, because apparently some people from Hawks bike shop L.A are here. We haven't seen any of them, but Jake promises to introduce me to everyone when he sees them. I just find it cool that Jake's grandfather started out the whole gang back in the 1950's, and now the whole thing has grown and is spread all over the states.

Someone walks up behind me and puts their cold, clammy hand on exposed back. "I'll have you know I may not recognize all the hands that belong to my brothers, but all of them would keep that higher." I sass without turning to face the person. "Unless you'd prefer to have a few missing parts at the end of the night, I'd take that hand off."

"I would watch who you're talking to, lady." I turn around and meet his greasy smirk.

My skin crawls where he touched me and, feeling uncomfortable, I immediately walk away from him, towards my seat. I let out a silent sigh of relief as I slip on my leather 'Property of Hawks MC: JT's Girl' jacket. "I would be careful of my next steps if I were you. JT gets mad easily, and I know good places to hide a body."

He opens and closes his mouth a couple times. "I-I watch your back."

I chuckle. This guy has no clue. "I should be the one watching my back? I personally know that every single one of the Hawks MC Brothers would want to carve out a piece of you for disrespecting me. I'm not worried about my health and safety."

He glares at me. "This isn't finished, missy."

Jake appears behind him, and I'm immediately flooded with relief. "I think this is finished, Dennis." He wraps one arm around my waist. I relax against him.

"Your girl has got quite the mouth boy. You should train her better."

"Excuse me? I'm a woman. Not a dog."

"Yeah, I would call you a female dog." 'Dennis' smirks.

"Excuse me? I'd like to believe you didn't just call me a bitch, but unfortunately, that's what I heard. Would you like to change that sentence?" I angrily sass. Jake shoots me a look.

Dennis opens his mouth, and Jake angrily steps forwards, shoving me behind him. "Tomorrow, 1am. Zeon Street. Bring cash." JT growls.

"I'm not fighting you." Dennis scoffs.