41. Talk with the Scott's

Hey as per @avocadopuffie 's request, here's another chapter. Just a quick shoutout, @avocadopuffie is the absolute sweetest thank you for commenting on all my chapters i really appreciate it! Much love, Cassi ❤

Here: 

_____________________________________________________________________-

I take a nervous breath. "Are you sure it's okay that I'm here?"

"Kasey. What did I say?"

"I know, I know I'm just TOTALLY stressing out here." I fidget with a strand of hair that escaped my bun. It's almost as if my hair is trying to break free from the mold as well...

"They're totally fine with it." Andrew interrupts my thoughts. "You can't run now, they're waiting for you."

I bite my lip. "Okay." I say on an exhale. "I'm ready."

He opens the door. "Guys! Kasey's here!" He calls. They all come in from the other room. "Kasey, meet my family. My wife, Delilah." He snakes an arm around her and she smiles. She's a gorgeous lady, that's for sure, tall and thin with dark, silky hair cut in a stylish bob. Her bright green eyes contrast against her pale skin, and slowly give me a once-over, much different than the once over she gave me last time we met.

"Nice to meet you properly." She smiles warmly.

"This is my eldest, you probably already know about her, Katie." She wheels out to beside her dad, looking at me suspiciously.

"Nice to meet you." I say. She actually looks a lot like me, with her ovular face, high cheekbones and freckles splattered across her cheeks, but her hair is a bit blonder than mine.

She doesn't make a sound in my direction, instead turns to Dad. "Okay, I met the mini she-devil. Can I leave now?" She huffs.

Both the parents look shocked. "Katherine Jane!" Delilah gasps.

But it's too late, she's already wheeling herself out of the room. "I'm so sorry about her. She has only bad thoughts for your side of family. Your mother..." Delilah starts guiltily.

"Oh trust me. I know." I purse my lips. "Don't worry Katie. I hate her as much as you do!" I call in the direction she left.

"I seriously doubt that." She calls back, then a door slams.

Andrew visibly cringes. "I'm sure she'll warm up to you..."

"It's fine. I wouldn't if I was in her position. I'm an Ashugh, Andrew." I shrug my shoulders. "As much as I don't want to be, that's what I am. What everyone knows me as. Hell, my driver's licence. And I despise it as much as Katie does, but she'll never believe me if I tell her I only found out the truth 3 nights ago. So no matter what I think, it doesn't matter." I sigh.

"I'm sorry." The tall, skinny dark haired guy behind them says. "Dylan." He outstretches his hand.

"Nice to meet you too." I shake his hand.

"So are you going to stay for supper?" Delilah asks me.

I give a small smile. "I'm not sure Katie would be good with that yet."

"Don't worry about Katie. She may be stubborn, but as soon as she gets to know you, it will be all good. Trust me. "Andrew nods.

"And anyway, I have to fly to NYC soon."

"Oh." Delilah's eyes become wide. "You haven't done your application there yet?"

"No. The appointment that was made for me was a little later than most dancers. Kath-Mother," I correct. "Thought it would be best if I was a little set apart from the other dancers." I snort. "As if I'm better than them or whatever. And, of course, Alondra agreed." I let out a deep sigh. "So yeah, my application dance is in like, exactly 47 hours."