62. Girls Night Out

"You've got a badass boyfriend and travelled 2 states away, told your mother you're gonna be your own person, quit ballet, then unquit it to open your own studio...you know, the only thing left for you to do is pose as my naked model for my new project!" Dakota exclaims randomly, taking another sip of her appletini.

I stare at her for a long second. "Really, Dakota? How do you think up these things?"

"I was just thinking about my art. So clearly you came up. I have to find someone to do it, and I figure, why not my best friend?"

"That's the reason it'd be so strange. We're best friends." I give her a look.

"Oh come on! It's an art form, it's not strange!"

I frown. I can't tell if she's serious right now or what..?

"Besides... you have time to think about it before we get home."

"I have thought about it. Just now." I laugh. "I say no."

She picks an apple slice out of her drink and looks at it for a long second, her 'idea' face appearing. "We paint apples and other fruits all the time!"

"True." Agrees Garter. "That's a genius metaphor."

"OoOoh you have a point. Metaphor, metaphor..you're so smart." She giggles at Garter. "Using them big words."

"I'm not an apple, D." I laugh. "And stop encouraging her." I point my freshly manicured finger at Garter who collapses into giggles.

"Yeah well, how do you think apples feel when we paint them, huh?" She huffs at me.

"Yeah. Maybe THEY don't like being painted naked!" Garter points a finger back at us.

"Guys! We are not apples! That's the difference! They aren't people! They don't wear clothes!"

"They could." Dakota argues with a giggle, clearly imagining how that would work.

I roll my eyes, bite my lip to not smile and check my phone, trying to avoid her stare because I just know then I'd start laughing too and she'd win.

She continues to giggle uncontrollably. "Imagine if apples wore clothes. Like sorry, apple I want to eat you so I have to take your sweater off!" Dakota gasps for breath, holding her stomach.

"YESS!" Garter cheers, taking another sip. "Don't forget to ask for consent!" She collapses, laughing so hard that they need to cling to each other to avoid falling over.

"Oh Dakota..." I sigh at her. "I think you had a few to many of these." I gesture to her 3rd appletini.

She stops laughing immediately, giving me her most serious look. "Kasey. I think I can handle alcohol."

"Not me! I'm as wasted as a tissue!" Garter exclaims. "I gotta pee. I'll go find Taz.. See ya!" And teeters off in her tall heels.

"Wasted as a tissue." I let out a chuckle. "That's a good one."

Dakota stares, watching her walk away. "She's literally so pretty. I sometimes wish I was fully gay because ugh." She turns back to me with a serious expression, refusing to let me change the subject. "Anyway, I'm just saying. You are like THE perfect body type for a model. Apples, however..."

"DAKOTA! Enough about the apples, lady. We eat apples. It's totally different."

"Well I'll tell ya what. If you sit still I promise I won't take a bite outta you." She holds out a pinky to promise.

"Dakota! You wouldn't bite me!" I say with a laugh as I finish my drink.

"That's what you think..." She jokes, cackling evilly. "What's the big deal? We're best friends. I've seen you naked before!"