57. Busy, busy

Hey yall! funny that the theme of this chapter is the reality of my life rn.. LOL 

Thanks so much for 100K! i love you guys foreverrrr 

go follow my book instagram if you want updates 

Happy friday!

____________________

I walk through the doors, scanning my card as I nod to the guy behind the desk. It feels so weird to be going to the gym without Jake. We're always together now and so even though I used to go to the gym and train for any upcoming performances by myself, it's a strange feeling. For almost a decade I've been at my peak when I'm working out alone, and now all I can think about is wanting to be home with my man. I snort to myself. Can't imagine what Katherine would think about that.

It's crazy how she's suddenly taken an interest in my life..She only used to care if it had something to do with her and now she's calling me on the daily to think of something else I can do to my studio, and advertising it all across her social media. There's been articles done about me that she arranged, sponsorship and partner deals being offered to me, and the donations have been coming in non-stop, despite me never giving out my venmo or asking anyone. She also opened my school account, and as I guessed there's almost 900k in it, but as much as I appreciate it, I really want to do this without her money, so it'll feel like something I did independently.

Most of my ballet friends have left the state to pursue their dreams since school's back in full swing, but even they have reached out to check in/congratulate me on the studio plans.

Antonio's construction team starts next week. I finally gave in to Emmaline because honestly, Tony and I have been friends for years. This whole "we slept together I fell for him, my heart was broken and now I hate you" thing that I've been on for the past year is just so tiring. He's good at what he does, and I'm happily taken so there's no reason for me to continue actively hating him. We're having a "groundbreaking" event this weekend, Mother's idea, of course and that's the first time that Jake will formally meet my whole 'family' situation. With all of that, and trying to work and deal with Jake's injury, I'm stressing out a lot lately.

I break out of my train of thought as I step onto the treadmill.

Hopefully I can just get a good workout in. It's been a while and I need it. I can just feel my flexibility slipping away, despite my little workouts and daily stretching.

"Kasey?" I hear my name just as I'm about to put in my headphones. I spin around.

"Rosa? Hey! How's Marco?"

"He's good, thanks. It's been a while. I remember when we'd have regular visits with Emmaline. You must be busy if you aren't hangin with your favorite -almost- sister in law." She teases.

I laugh. "Not technically related so you won't be my sister in law and y'all aren't engaged yet so not almost."

She waves her hands. "A mere technicality. It'll happen any day now."

"But yeah. I've been busy, busy. I haven't talked to any of you guys recently.."

She raises her eyebrows. "That's not what I've heard."

I chuckle. "Okay fine. Yeah I've been talking to Tony. But only on a strictly professional basis. His construction team is building my studio."

"Yeah, Em told me about that. I'm so excited for you. How's that been going? When's construction going to start?"

"We found a lot nearby actually so I'm super excited for that, the sale went through on Monday. So right now Anthonio and the team are getting all the building permits and that technical stuff, then they'll start construction!" I cheer. "It seems like I've been on the phone constantly, and honestly it's getting so overwhelming. My boyfriend the other day was joking that I need to get an assistant."