20. Intense Game of Hide and Seek

I'm so sorry guys!

It's been forever since i've posted anything and although writers block WOULD be a good excuse, its not the truth.

Frankly, i've been going through SO MUCH and i really need someone to talk to... (hein_girl on snap/insta btw) and i just didn't have any modivation. 

DOES anyone even read this book? OK actually thank you all 700 of you that do... but like, is anyone enjoying this book?

Sigh. anyway here you go. PLEASE leave a comment!!

______________________________________________________________________________
I gasp for breath, ducking behind the bed so that the people chasing me can't find me. A hand slaps over my mouth. (A/N: y'all panicked for a second, didn't you?)

Jake scoops me up and sticks me on his lap as I try not to giggle.

"Baby. The point of this game is to not make noise." He whispers against the skin just under my neck.

"Don do that unwess you wand me to made noise-b" I mumble against his hand.

"What?" He pulls his hand away, to hear what I said.

"Don't do that unless you want me to make noise." I whisper back to him.

"What, place my lips here-?" He demonstrates. "And talk?"

"Fuck. Yes." I grumble.

He chuckles quietly and rubs his scruff against where my shoulder and neck connect.

I giggle, trying to stifle it. "Now that just tickles."

He does it again. "Then try not to laugh."

"I- can't do- that!" I bust out laughing.

He stops. "Oh. Shit." A light beam bounces our way.

"What?" I whisper shout.

"I thought I heard something over here" One of the security guards says into his radio. The radio crackles. "Okay, Jim. Check it out. Call us if you need more backup."

His footsteps get closer and I press myself closer to Jake. "Okay, baby. He's going to find us. Quietly get off my lap, when he comes close I'm going to scare the shit outta him, and then we run." He mumbles quietly into my ear. Some plan, Jake.

I nod, and slowly slide off him, getting prepared to run. I look to him for the cue as the guard gets closer, and closer.

"Ready?" He mouths. I nod. The light beam lands 2 feet away from us.

"SCARED YA!" Jake yells, jumping out at the guard, who jumps, drops his flashlight and tumbles onto the bed as we rush past him. Jake scoops up his light as I keep running.

I hear 'Jim' running behind us yelling into his radio. We run out of the bedroom section, and into the children's room section.

I duck behind a container full of stuffed animals, and Jake gives me a thumbs up, still running. The guard didn't notice me! Once they are out of sight range, I hop into the ginormous tub of pillows and stuffed animals, and bury myself. As I'm tunneling down, my hand hits something human-like.

With a screech, I back away quickly, tipping me and Dakota out as the bucket falls backwards with a crash.

We scurry out from under piles of animals, alerting a guard nearby.

"Great job, Kase." Dakota pants as we run.

"I'm sorry. How was I supposed to know you were in there?" I huff. "Great spot though, hey?"