34. Happier(DPOV)

Hey so here you go, in celebration of the fact that I'm 18 tomorrow!

I'm staring out the window over the sink and my phone dings again. I huff and look down at it. It's probably HIM again. Honestly, I'm confused. I didn't think we were that serious and he's going to UCLA in the fall, so I just told him I'm not doing long distance. It's worrying me lately, because he's been calling me at random hours of the day and begging me to take him back.

More recently, he's been yelling about how I made a 'huge mistake' and how I'll regret it if I don't go to UCLA with him. I'm beginning to get worried, but I know if I mention it to Kasey, she'll tell her new hunk, or one of our friends, and suddenly he's going to start UCLA in a body cast. Right now, he's tolerable.

Thankfully, when I check the text, it's one from KeilaTheBadassBitch

I laugh. That's actually her name on here. Not that I'm disagreeing with it, but it's kind of an inside joke. I'm honestly pretty sure that is the exact name on Kasey's phone too.

KeilaTheBadassBitch: Are they done yet? Geez that girl has stamina

I laugh and text back.

Me: Um, it takes 2 girl. He has a lot of stamina as well ig.

Truthfully, I was a little scared to come back into the house this morning, because of the fact I walked in last night to them getting a little heavy on the couch. They didn't even notice me, as I walked right back out, explained to Keila, and stayed the night at her place.

KeilaTheBadassBitch: um. EW.

Me: mwhahahahaha

She doesn't answer, so I put the coffee pot on, hearing Kasey giggle about Jake putting on his pants.

A ghost of a smile crosses my face as she bounds into the kitchen. "Heya girl." I say, causing her to shriek.

I laugh. "You do know this is my place too, right?"

She turns pink, something I find hysterical. She always looks guilty when she's lost in thought, or embarrassed.

"Yeah. Sorry." She doesn't sound very sorry and I laugh out loud.

"I like JT." I say.

"Yeah, me too. A lot." She grins.

"You're happier these days." I tell her.

"Really?" She beams, and it makes me happy to see her so satisfied. Generally with important dance stuff coming up, she's pale, never eats, and is so stressed she starts getting sick. I bet she forgot that her NYCB audition dance is coming up in 6 days. Honestly, I've been the one changing the number on the fridge.

"Yeah. And not just because you had fun last night."

"Dakotaaaa." She groans, a bright blush creeping across her cheeks.

"Good thing these walls are noise cancelling, hey?" I smirk, pouring the steaming coffee into a couple mugs and taking one for myself.

She turns even redder, and hides behind her hair. "Um. Yeah."

"So...? How was it?" I grin.

"How was what?" she tries innocently.

I raise my eyebrows up and down.

She turns even redder, and just then, JT walks into the room in nothing but tight black boxers.

Holy fuck.

"Hey are you okay, babe?" he starts as he walks into the kitchen. He stops in his tracks, when he sees she's not injured and I subtly check him out over my coffee mug.