49. The Race

"Jake, I have a bad feeling about this..." I gnaw on my bottom lip and grip his arm tightly as we pull into the dark parking lot.

"Babe, for the last time. Relax. We aren't gonna lose. The boys just spent the day yesterday perfecting every tiny flaw out of my bike." He gestures to the trailer we're pulling.

"Well okay, true, but you have to assume that they did the same thing." I point a truck and trailer almost identical to ours pulls in beside us.

"Kasey." He puts a finger under my chin to make me look at him. "We aren't going to lose this race." Before I can object again, he kisses me deeply until we break apart at the sound of revving engines.

I look out the window and let out a deep breath. "Okay, the gang's here."

"Kasey. Stop worrying." Jake squeezes my hand then steps out of the truck to open the door for me and I walk up to where the others are gathering.

"Keils. I'm freaking out." I say the second she takes off her helmet.

"Girl, why? We're in a win win situation here. Either we lose, and they don't get the money, or we win and we get money." she points out.

"Well, yeah I guess but what if he gets hurt?"

Keila busts out laughing so hard that Blade and Dakota come over. "What's happening?" Blade looks concerned.

"She-she just said..I-" Keila can barely get the words out and I roll my eyes.

"It's not that funny."

"What did you say?"

"I said what if Jake crashes or something and gets hurt?" I shrug.

Blade also starts rumbling with laughter. "As if."

"I mean, no offence babes but hasn't your man been driving a motorcycle since he could walk?" Dakota pats my shoulder.

"Well...I guess." I stop to look at her and frown. "Wait. what the fuck are you wearing?"

"OH. YEAH. we didn't tell you."

"Didn't tell me...?"

"I'm going to be the flag girl!!" she jumps up and down excitedly

"The what?"

"The flag girl. Yeah I didn't know what it was either, but look." she opens the silk robe she's wearing to reveal a sparkly bikini top and destroyed denim jeans that are so high cut her ass is definitely hanging out the other side. "I wave the flag and the race starts!"

"Oh. Well why are you wearing next to nothing?"

"Siren gave these to me. They're what she usually wears because she's usually the flag girl. Its to distract the other team."

"I see."

She pouts. "You don't like it?"

"What, no I didn't say that. Just thinking that, well Siren's a little smaller than you."

She frowns. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Your ass is better than hers, and I'm willing to bet it's hanging out."

"OHHHHH..yeah that's kinda the point." she giggles. "And Blade likes it, so there."

"Huh? I like what?" Blade hears his name mentioned and comes back over.

"My ass." she grins.

"Oh. well that is true, yes." He laughs

"Okay. anyway I'm going to go find my boyfriend...and give y'all some space." I smile to myself as I walk away.