18. My Hero

"Are you kidding me Dakota?" I squeal, frustrated

"I totally forgot, sorry."

"Oh for shit's sake! This is exactly why I don't want to have to depend on you!"

"Hey. I dropped you off, at least."

"Yeah! But now I'm stranded here!"

"You want the good news?"

I huff. "Merda. Fine. What's the good news?"

"We officially have our own place. All the paperwork and shit is in, we can move in this weekend."

I smile in the midst of my situation. "Okay. You are right that is good news."

"Yep. Well anyway, I got to go. So sorry. Maybe you can figure something out. Bye." Dakota says, hanging up.

I huff and shake my head. "Oh, Dakota." I hang up the phone. "Ciò che uga cagna." I huff.

"Woah girl." I hear a voice say as I get hip checked.

"Geez, Thorn." I huff as I bounce off him. If it wasn't for him holding onto me, I'd go flying. "You always hip check too hard."

"Sorry." He chuckles. "So why are we calling Dakota a bitch?"

"Okay, well she isn't really, but she stranded me here."

"Stranded, hey?"

"Okay, maybe that isn't the best word..." I rub one eye. "But still. She was supposed to be my ride, 15 minutes ago."

"And you just called her?"

"Yeah. She 'forgot' apparently." I make quotation marks with my fingers.

He laughs. "Okay, chica."

"Oh well, now I'll have to take a cab." I huff.

"I'll drive you." He offers.

"Wait. Thorn-no you don't have to do that..." I blush

"Ugh- might as well."

"Do you have an extra helmet?"

"Helmet?" He frowns.

"You know...for your bike?"

He laughs. "Oh. Right. Sorry to crush your dreams, but I drove my truck here."

"Oh." I didn't mean to sound that disappointed.

"We are lucky that JT isn't here, hey? He would definitely want to be the hero." He grins. I roll my eyes and pick up my bag, following him to the parking lot.

"Yeah, sure. I wouldn't consider you my hero." I laugh as he unlocks the doors to his truck.

"Hey! If it wasn't for me, you'd be screwed." He huffs. "Say it or I'll ditch you." He threatens.

I swat him. "You wouldn't."

"Yes I would."

"No you wouldn't." I gasp.

"Yep."

"No."

"Yep."

"Ugh! Fine."

"Say it!" He chants.

"You're a hero." I mutter.

"Ah, ah, ah." He wiggles his finger and hops into his truck.

"Fine!" I huff. "You're my hero!"

"Yay!"

"Open the damn door, weirdo." I pull on the door handle, and he clicks the button. "Thank you."