35. Why Do I Associate With Y'all?

"Table for two needs their order and after I'm done with the bikers I'm off work. Anything else you need me to do?" I ask Erin as she heads in the kitchen doors.

"Not that I can think of. You work tomorrow, right?"

"Tomorrow's Saturday?"

"Yeah. I thought you were working 2-9."

"No, actually I'm taking Jake home to meet my mother..." I bite my lip.

She sucks in a breath. "Wow. Big step."

"Yeah, well we've already had dinner with Emmaline, and Keila."

"And had se-"

I feel myself turn red as I shush her. "Yes. Okay whatever. I took the shift off, Dakota is working it for me."

"Okay." She grins. "Well Keila will have to just suck it up and stay until 5, I can't miss another barre class. Jenna keeps getting mad at me."

"Yeah, I can relate, I'm going to that one too."

"Oh. Awesome well we can't just stand around talking. I'll see you then, I guess. Good luck with the whole JT dinner thing."

"Yeah thanks." I wave as she disappears and walk to the table where all the Hawks are. "Hey guys." I greet.

Tyler lets out a loud burp and I roll my eyes. "Gross."

"Hey. It's a manly thing." Slip defends him, patting his back.

"Burping? Really?"

"In some cultures, if you don't burp it means you don't like the meal." Doc adds.

"Yeah, so tell ol' Jacque-y-boy that he cooks great." Tyler laughs.

"He doesn't make the drinks..." I point out.

"Yeah, well still."

I sigh to myself. "Why do I associate with y'all?"

"Because we're the best." Cars laughs. "Hands down the funnest group you'll meet."

"Oh wait, Bear imma have to argue with you on that one. The Chicago Hawks MC are pretty lit." Keila points out.

"Whatever. Just the checks for y'all?" I change the conversation.

"Yeah, thanks Kase." Shotgun chugs back his drink. "And yeah. Tex is the life of every party."

I pull out the receipt book and three debit machines. "Who's all paying on card?"

A few of the guys raise their hands and I put a machine on each end of the table and one in the middle.

"Hey, J." I sit down beside him.

He throws an arm over me. "Hey, what's up baby?" He points to his cheek and I laugh, planting a kiss there.

"Loser."

"Uh huh don't lie you love it." He smirks.

"Anyway, as I was ABOUT to say...I just talked to my mom and after barre class at like, 5 ish, we're going over for dinner."

"Oh, actually?"

"Yeah." I grin. "It won't be that fun, knowing her, but hey you'll get to see Emmaline."

"True." He laughs. "That's tomorrow?"

"Yes."

"I'll pick you up."

"In the truck." I remind him.

"Yeah wouldn't want the whole media freaking out because there's a motorcycle at your house again."