60. Breaking Ground

I check my makeup in the mirror for the dozenth time within two minutes. "Are you sure I look fine?" I blow out a breath.

"Red. I've told you like 7 times you look great. Don't worry about this." Jake grins as he pulls into the parking lot.

"Okay but last time you and Antonio were in the same room it went very badly." I remind him. "I just want everyone to get along. No drama."

"I'm not going to bring the drama, Kase. Now if that fuc-"

"Okay!" I interrupt. "Let's just go."

Emmaline is the first one to notice us walk in, jumping up and giving me a huge hug. "Momma Em! How've you been?" I laugh as she grabs Jake next.

"Good, good." She nods and gestures to the table. "Everyone came to see a you, cara mia."

"Yeah I can see that. Hi guys. Thanks for coming." I chuckle, going around to hug everyone. Josephina, who's gotten so big she looks like she's about to burst, awkwardly tries to stand.

"Joey, babes you're triple my size. Don't stand." I laugh.

She swats me. "When my pre-mom bod comes back, you're going to regret saying that." She warns.

I lean over to give Angelo a side hug and scoop Tia-Angelina up in my arms. "Hey, Angel girl are you keeping out of trouble?"

She gives me a toothy grin. "NOPE!"

I'm not the only one who chuckles at this. I lean into her ear. "Me neither!" I whisper.

She gasps. "Auntie K!"

"Shh. It's a secret." I wink as I put her down again. She nods seriously and puts a finger to her lips.

I continue doing my rounds. "Marco. How's it goin?"

"Pretty good. You've been keeping my lady busy, it sounds like." He nods at Rosa, who stepped out as soon as we arrived and is on the phone.

"Yeah, she's been keeping me sane." I nod.

"Tends to have that effect on people, yeah." He says with a smirk. "This the infamous JT that mom's been talkin so much about?" He chuckles and grabs Jake's outstretched hand. I nod and let him go through introductions as I greet everyone else at the table.

"Andre? I can hardly believe my eyes!" I grab him and hug him tightly.

"Holy shit we need to catch up, girlio. I feel like I've missed your whole life!" He laughs, squeezing me back.

"Well you basically have." I snort. "It's been years. How's the club?"

"It's goin strong. Thinking of opening location number dues. You have yet to pop in, though." He winks.

"Yeah, well I've been too busy." I laugh. "Definitely send me a snap one of these days, I'd love to catch up!" I turn to Sabrina. "Another one I haven't seen in...absolutely forever. How's the little one? I'm obsessed with your instagram stories lately. What a cutie."

She grins and pulls me into a hug as well. "Thanks. Her dad's taking care of her today which is much needed. Merda I haven't left the house to go anywhere in months." Sabrina laughs. "But anyway! Sit, sit. We ordered appy's already and they'll be here any minute."

I turn around to Jake and Antonio in a staring-and handshaking- death match and I clear my throat loudly. They both look at me and let go.

"Baby. Let's sit." I point at Jake's seat, and shoot Tony a glare as Jake and I sit.

"So!" Emmaline claps, oblivious of the serious tension on this side of the table. "Miss Katherine couldn't make it for lunch, so we're all here. Let's say we order?"