66. Cloud Nine

"Yeah so I think you need to have at least some kind of food there." Rosa adds.

"Even if it's just something small nobody likes a grand opening without food, so yes." I agree with her, writing it down on the list

"I wanna get my nails done." Dakota announces randomly, looking up from her sketchbook for a second.

"That's random." I chuckle.

She takes a sip of the green smoothie beside her. Gross.

"Idk I was just thinking about how all my Chicago nails fell off and I'm bummed. Also you're so busy with the studio lately, and I get it but I don't know I kinda miss you." She shrugs and looks back down at her book.

She's the sweetest. "You have a point. And we both know that every time you mention getting your nails done I wanna get mine done too."

She laughs. "Well perfect. Are you almost done there?"

I look to Rosa for confirmation and she nods. "Yeah looks like it. Do you wanna come too, Roz?"

She blushes. "No that's ok I want to finish a few things up at the studio before your official walk through."

"Right, that. I'm so excited to see how the painting turned out." I gush at Dakota.

"You should be. I'm awesome." She chuckles.

I roll my eyes at her. "Alrighty. We should change." I gesture to her sweatpants and messy bun.

"Yes and also I wanna get bubble tea at this new place I found and take some pictures. They have an indoor flower wall thing that I'm crazy about."

"Of course." I put my list down, giving full attention to this apparent girls day that I'm getting excited about.

"Okay, well then come on let's get ready!" She jumps up and runs to her room.

"Are you sure you're good here?" I turn to Rosa. She nods and I follow Dakota to her room.

"Okay these are the options I like for my shirt." She holds up a striped crop turtleneck and a baggy yellow sweatshirt with a wavy smily face on the right sleeve and script saying "just vibe" under.

"It's getting colder so definitely the sweatshirt." I nod, walking over to her closet to find her pants. Man this girl is a mess. I chuckle to myself.

"Oh, also since it's officially October, we need to start planning our Halloween party." Dakota adds as she joins me in the search for bottoms.

"We're having a party?" I chuckle.

She gives me her 'duh' look. "Obviously. Okay I think these will look good." She holds out a pair of flared jeans with yellow smileys painted on the butt pockets.

"Yeah that matches perfectly. But Dakota I don't have the time to plan a party."

She laughs. "Well good thing I'm the one who knows how to throw a good party. Leave it to me."

She's always so sure of everything. "Okay, sure. But keep me updated."

"Yay!" She claps. "Okay now it's time for your outfit. That's the important one."

I frown. "why's mine important?"

She turns around and walks to my room. "It's not, but don't you want to look good if we're taking pictures? Also for the walkthrough? I'll be putting it on Instagram live."

"Oh yeah that's true. Okay what about this and this?" I hold up my favourite jeans and crop sweater that have become my go to.

"Nope." She dismisses me immediately and searches through my stuff for a while, before huffing: "you need more clothes."