4. Hired Pt1

"So we get the job, just like that?" I can't hide the surprise in my tone. 

 We are currently sitting at a desk in her office, signing papers, going over our benefit program and such if we decide to stay long term. 

Erin laughs. "Well, technically yes. I like you girls, and if you both suck at waitressing..." she shrugs. "If my mom doesn't like it, well she's the one that put me in charge."

Dakota laughs. "I promise we don't suck. We both have restaurant experience, so we know what we're doing to a certain extent."

"So how long do you think y'all will be staying on? Just a summer thing, or?" 

"My auditions are next month, and so we'll see from there." 

"Oh with your talent and background, you'll for sure get into somewhere good." Erin says reassuringly. 

"Yeah I'm excited about it." 

"And I desperately don't want to go off to law school." Dakota giggles. "So I'm planning on staying for a while, if you'll have me." She jokes.

"Okay, and you don't have other jobs right now, so when could you start then?" Erin asks.

"Hmm...well I'm gonna have to work it around dance... so I'm not sure yet." I open my calendar, littered with Ballet events and, in one month's time, my audition at NYCB. "Maybe later this week?" 

"Right. Yeah, well at least Dakota isn't a dancer, so on Tuesdays/Thursdays both she and Keila can work." Erin nods, looking at the calendar. 

"Hey! how'd you know I don't dance?" Dakota gasps. 

We both look at each other, roll our eyes, and look at her. "You just know." Erin states, looking back at the calendar. "Ellie's last day is tomorrow, so I guess you guys will never meet her, but Kasei if you'd like I can schedule you in to work what she did, 3 days off a week so that you make more money before you go." 

"Yeah." I shrug. "That works for me. Is there some kind of scheduling system that we could add in our availability?" 

"Ugh." Erin rolls her eyes. "My mom is so old-fashioned, she doesn't want to do all that. I've told her, if we switch to electronic calendars we could get so much more done, trade shifts easily, et cetera but does she listen to her manager? Nope." 

Dakota chuckles. "Damn. Well we're flexible and we can do it her way if she wants." 

 "Shit! I just remembered I have to train you. Egh. When am I gonna find time for that?" Erin sighs. 

"Well, we got nothing for the day." I offer.

"Oh! That's nice. So you guys could start right now?"

I glance a Dakota, who shrugs. "Yeah."

"Okay! Awesome! Y'all get these outfits." She reaches under the desk and pulls out a box. Examining us both, Erin grabs two medium shirts, and two medium skirts. "These should fit. Go try them on, then report back here and I'll show you the ropes."

She sends us off into the bathroom.

"Nice! Not bad at all, and it makes my butt look pretty good!" Dakota admires herself in the mirror. "Go! Try yours on!"

"I don't think..."

"Lucky for you, no thinking required! Try it on."

"It looks small." I hold it up to my body and notice the skirt ends higher than my knees, at mid-thigh.

"You'll never know unless you try it on!" she sings, attempting to encourage me. 

"Umm, I DO know though, because I'm looking at you, and clearly the skirt is short." I sass back. "You're hot, you can pull it off, but it's short."