29. Supper With Em

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Happy Holidays/Happy New Year's and all that good stuff i'm late on

STORY TIME

____________

We walk into the restaurant and I immediately see Emmaline wave us over. We walk up to her, Jake's hand firmly attached to the small of my back. I could say I hated the obvious PDA, but I love it.

"Momma Em! Hey, how are you?" I give her a giant hug as she stands.

"I'm good, grazie." She looks at Jake over my shoulder, confusion (or maybe alarm?) on her face. She turns back to me and whispers. "Miss Kasey... I didn't know you were bringing him."

"Oh. Right, sorry I forgot to tell you...you don't mind do you?" I bite my lip and pull away from her.

"Um..." she quickly glances backwards, and then shakes her head quickly. "No, no it is a-fine. It's lovely to see you, Jake?"

"Yes ma'am, you too." He returns her hug without complaint, and then pulls out her chair, and my chair before we sit.

"This is a nice restaurant, Emmaline." Jake comments, looking around the room.

"Yeah, I agree. Nice atmosphere, and the food looks good too." I spare a quick glance around the room and freeze when I see Antonio strolling towards us casually.

Shit. What are the odds? "So what are you gonna have Jake?" I say, holding up my menu as if I'm intently reading it.

"I'm not sure, it all looks so good." He replies, giving me a confused look.

I let out a weak chuckle. "Hmm." I say, trying to be casual.

"We don't have to order the second we get here, ya know. I have all night."

"Si! He is-a right. We should, how do you say, catch up?" Emmaline grins at me.

"I just need to check what the options are. I'm starving." I display a fake smile.

"Did you eat today?" She looks concerned.

"Yes, momma Em. But a girl's allowed to be hungry ya know." I sigh

"Si, bene..."

"Kasey?" I hear Antonio's voice.

I ignore it, and continue pretend- scanning my menu.

"Kasey? Hey." He tries again.

Jake elbows me. Shit. I'm done for now...

"Yes, babe?" I extenuate, placing down my menu to look at him.

"This guy was talking to you." He nods at Tony.

I turn to him. "Oh. Hey. Sorry I didn't even see you there." I fake chuckle.

Jake looks amused, while behind him, Tony looks everything but.

"It's nice to see you, piccola." He says with a smile. I notice that Jake no longer has a smile. He knows Italian.

"Yep." I chirp. "Nice to see you too." I grab my water glass.

He chuckles. "Aren't you gonna greet me?" He challenges, opening his arms.

With a sigh, I stand up and return his hug. I'm not that much of a bitch.

"So what are you up to lately?" Tony asks me.

"Um, not much. I'm real busy." I sit down.

"Too busy to answer my snapchats, apparently." He says.