12. I'm Stealing This

"Holy moly LADY! Tell me I just imagined that fine-ass man coming out of the backroom wearing JUST a jacket?" Dakota screeches, coming up to me.

"Yeah. That..." I touch my fingers to my lips. "That happened." I'm still reeling from what just happened with Jake. 'I want you, but I want to win more.'  What even?

"Damn. You got all the gorgeous ones chasing after you. First Scott, Now JT. Damn you're lucky. If only I were a dancer, hey?"

"Um-"

"Hello? Is anyone home?" Dakota snaps her fingers in front of my face. "Would you let go of that for goodness sake?" she sighs, exasperatedly yanking his shirt out of my grip.

"I didn't realize i- okay. Sorry. What?" I snap out of my daze.

"Thank goodness you're back. I was just talking about the gorgeous man that strolled out of here with no shirt, which it turns out you are clutching in your meaty grip. What happened in HERE?!" she holds out the shirt, now with a big wet spot on it. "Ohhh...you didn't." she gasps, inspecting it.

"Yeah...I did."

"Bitchhhh! You see a man like him, and then pour a drink on him!? You think for a ballerina you would be less clumsy."

"I'm not clumsy!" I defend. "I just tend to be whenever a man that attractive says hi." I finish in a mutter.

She giggles. "You should hit that."

"Kota! Geez, woman. I'm not going to 'hit that.' seriously." I make quotation marks with my fingers.

"I'm just saying."

"He's just like all the other ones. Okay? As soon as they get what they want, they leave." I huff.

"Hmm. I don't believe you."

"It's true. You don't just naturally know how to be the best kisser I've ever known. Experience brings that kinda stuff." I say.

"Wait, what? You guys made out?"

"I didn't say that." I sass back, feeling my cheeks get hot.

"Oh my gosh, damn I didn't realize you're leading the better life here, JEALOUS." She raises an eyebrow. "So did you have the chance to bang?"

"Dakota." My cheeks are bright red and I look both ways to make sure nobody is coming down the hallway.

"Answer the question or I'll talk louder." She taunts.

"You wouldn't."

"Did you have the chance to-mmph" she mumbles as I cover her mouth.

"Yes, I mean, technically we had the chance." I whisper shout. "But he's literally a stranger, so Obviously he wasn't going to-" 

"Well that's kinda hot too. Instant attraction kinda thing." Dakota wrinkles her nose. "I mean, clearly you didn't bang, because I have a feeling you would be in there for longer than that, and you don't have that 'glow' about you." She says.

"What glow?"

"The 'I've just been fucked' glow."

"Oh. Well what if we didn't 'fuck' what if we made slow passionate love?" I roll my eyes jokingly.

"I don't think a man like that 'makes love' with anyone."

"I was joking-" I snort, thinking back to his words.  'Some things I'm just naturally good at... use your imagination.' oh how my imagination runs wild. 

"I know. I'm just saying there's nothing slow about that boy. If you had a chance to bang, and you didn't, then he's not like the others."

"Well he wanted to bang me."

"Okay, then do him?"

"He stopped and asked me on a date." 

"Wait, what?!" The woman looks perplexed. "Okay you gotta give me more information because me piecing it together in my little brain is hurting." 

"I dunno, we were talking, then kissing then I yelled at him for being a manwhore then he asked me on a date." 

"Okay, then clearly he's not after only one thing." She huffs a laugh. "Man moves fast, I'll say that much." 

I chew on my lip. "Is that bad?" 

"I don't know, maybe it's good. Not a lot of people have instant chemistry. What did you say then?" 

"I kissed him again." 

"Yasss." Dakota squeals. "You're all 'I'm so shy, I'm just the little blushy Kasei' then put the moves on a stranger. I love it. Then?" 

"Oh I don't know...he said he was going to control himself and walked away." 

"Damn." She shakes her head. "What a life you lead." 

"I can't date him." I conclude.

She rolls her eyes. "Oh for Pete's sake."

"Notice how it's always Pete? Never John or Neil."

"I'll see you later, bitch. I need more coffee to deal with you." She hands the shirt back and walks back to the kitchen.

I hold it up in front of me, impressed that I got the Pepsi out of it, and notice that it smells like him. Stepping out of sight range, I make sure nobody is looking and take a deep breath out of it. It's a wonder that I can kinda wash it, and it still smells like him. It's official. I'm stealing this.

____________________________________________________-

Okay. Here you go loves!

Cassi