59. How It's Supposed To Go

"Hey you've reached Kasey Ashugh. May I ask what the intent of the call is?" Rosa repeats for what seems like the millionth time today. I'm so glad she actually took the job, because sending all the calls to voicemail wouldn't be a great idea and that's a lot of calls to be answering.

"No, I'm sorry. She's currently busy and won't be able to go out today." I hear typing as she speaks. "Looks like she has an early morning opening next thursday. No. I'm sorry I'm just looking at the calendar here..Yes....I understand, however...." She trails off. I peek over the edge of the loft to where we've set up her 'office' area. "No sorry I don't think you understand...If you come over here you'll be told the same thing...hello? HELLO?" She plops the phone down. "I think that was one of your friends." She looks up at me. "And she did not sound impressed."

A knock on the door interrupts my response. Rosa flips through the bullet journal, trying to figure out what is going off schedule, but before she can the door bursts open.

"So sorry about that, did you have an appointment scheduled with Miss Ashugh?" Rosa runs over.

"Are you joking?" Keila blinks at her. "An appointment for what? She literally doesn't do anything."

I chuckle. "Hey keils."

"What're you doing up there? What's with miss perky over here?"

"She's managing my time and I'm paying her to do so. Be nice." I grin.

Keila rolls her eyes. "I can't believe you actually have an assistant."

"I'm going to need one when my studio opens." I point out.

She shrugs. "True. What are you doing up there anyway?"

"It's the only place with a printer." I laugh. "But yeah what's up."

"Are you busy?"

"Yes." Rosa interupts. "You need to schedule ahead to make sure she has time before you just come over." 

Keila turns to look at her. "I live next door. I show up just whenever, the girls are used to it." She laughs. 

"Sad but true." I confirm. 

"Okay well you don't look that busy." She turns back to me. 

"Just come up here!" I laugh. "Let's stop shouting at each other." 

"Does Dakota know you're in her space?" She asks as she gingerly climbs the stairs.

"Well no.."

"Man she's messy." Keila snorts when she gets to the top and sees the space. Covered in tarp with paint on the floor, it's a minefield of art and you gotta watch where you step so you don't topple anything. "I mean, I'm messy but she's MESSY." She puts emphasis on the word as she wipes her hand on her jeans.

"Yeah I almost didn't live with her because of it." I chuckle. "But she keeps the common areas clean it's just her spaces that the artist takes over."

"Ah."

"Yeah, and we love her anyway." I shrug and turn back to the printer to see if it's loading yet. 

"True." 

"You look real nice today, by the way." I add, looking back at her. And it's true. She has on a super worn out guns n roses tee with fishnets that she threw under baggy ripped jeans. Her signature biker boots are kicked off by the door, I imagine.

"Thanks the shirt was actually my dad's. From a concert he went to way back in the day...but so do you. You look like you're going out somewhere."