31. Girl Time

Just so everyone knows, theres a couple days between this chapter and the last one... Someone messaged me asking if all the chapters were each a day apart... nope! i kinda randomly write, okay??_______________________________________________________________________________

"Okay, bye! Text me when you get home safe, okay?" He nods and waves as he gets on his bike, and I close the door.

"So? How's that going?" Dakota asks me with a cute smile.

I jump. "How'd you get over here so quick?" I hold a hand to my chest. "Geez, lady."

"Sorry not sorry. You didn't answer my question." She points out. I roll my eyes, swishing my ponytail at her as I walk into the living room.

"It's fine." I say casually, sipping from my water glass.

"Just fine?" She smirks. "I thought you guys were getting serious. Y'all went to dinner with Lina the other day, didn't you?"

"Emmaline." I automatically correct. "And it's not because things are extremely serious or anything. It's just because I was helping him get out of a night with the bikers."

"Get out of it?" She raises her thin eyebrows.

"You know, it's a complicated situation."

"Whatever. Not my place to ask." She raises her hands defensively.

"Exactly."

"So? How did that go?"

I put my glass down with a thud. "Tony was there."

"ANTONIO?" Her eyes widen.

"Yeah. Antonio." I mimic her.

"Yikes. I hope you grabbed a table far away from him."

I feel a grimace spread across my face. "Oh no, it gets worse. APPARENTLY, momma Em thought that it'd be a GREAT idea to set us up."

"Set you up." Dakota repeats.

"Yeah, and of course shit went down when you stick a prissy wannabee and a badass boyfriend in a room."

Dakota's excited face blooms. "OMG DID THEY FIGHT?? AHH you should have recorded that shit I would have loved to see that again and again and agai-"

"No, they didn't actually fight. Jake punched him in the face, we all yelled for a bit, we threatened the wimp with the Hawks MC title, and he left."

She basically wilts. "Well that's boring as eff."

I shrug. "We didn't get kicked out, and Emmaline was gone for the duration of the fight so... I mean, Jake and I kinda got in an argument about it in the car, but we sorted that out."

"Well now you guys are good?"

"Yeah. We're actually doing really well. I'm so happy." I don't bother to hide my smile.

"Awee!" Dakota squeals and hugs me tight. "I'm so happy for you! See? I told you dating him would be the best choice."

"Oh, Kota. Always have to say 'I told you so', don't you?"

"Oh of course." She nods her head enthusiastically, her dark hair curtaining her face. "So how long has it been, exactly?"

"Um...about a month, I guess."

"Eiiiiii!" She squeals again.

I sit down on the couch. "Stop making that sound. It hurts my ears." I fake-complain.

"Surre." She drags out the r. "I just can't help it, Kase. I'm so happy for you." She sits beside me and drags a multicolored blanket over herself.

"So have y'all done IT?"