Chapter 8

Remi's p.o.v

I didn't even know what to expect when I headed after him. This was the first time in these four months he's been angry at me.

"Kai.."

He continued walking up the stairs and got to his room, closing the door behind him. I opened the door and walked into his room.

"I'm so sorry I didn't tell you. I didn't know we would get in the competition. I'm just as surprised as you are.. And I didn't know they'd ask us to live there."

He was quiet. He sat down on his chair and opened his laptop.

"Kai, can you look at me for a second.."

I took a step closer and tried to touch him but realized maybe that would make him even angrier.. " I guess.. I'll come to talk when you calm down."

I turned around to leave, but he suddenly grabbed my arm.

"Don't leave. I just.. I need a minute." He spoke, looking down. "I don't know how to process being angry when it involves you."

"I'm sorry." I said my heart sinking down to my feet.

I should have thought this through. I should have been more careful.

"I didn't know it would turn out this way. I'm really sorry."

He kept staring down.

I kneeled down as he was holding my hand. I leaned my chin on his knee.

He finally faced me. "I understand you didn't know about this until today. I'm not mad about that. What bothers me is that now you have to make a decision. If you and Francy want to take this seriously, you can't not go."

I sighed. "I haven't talked to Francy about this yet. Maybe she's not comfortable with going. She hasn't said anything to Elric either."

"But you want to go?" He asked.

I played with his fingers as he held my hand. Did I want to go? Yes. But it was still fresh in my head as an idea. Do I want to leave Kai for two months? Absolutely no.

"Doing this project is fun." I smiled. "But I don't want to go there for two months. I'm going to miss you very much."

Kai suddenly slid off from the chair, dropped to his knees and hugged me. He held me so tight.

"Don't go" He whispered in my ear. " Please don't go."

I tried to pull away to face him. Suddenly he nudged me down on the floor and pressed me under him. Both hands beside my head.

His eyes were half-closed looking at my lips.

That look did all kinds of things to me.

His lips were getting closer. The smell of his washed-out cologne on his shirt was hypnotic beyond reason.