Chapter 17

Francy's p

Francy's p.o.v

After last night's fiasco, I woke up despising my alarm, the animal noises coming from outside and the sun that entered through the window.

I tossed the covers off and nudged Remi to get up.

Why was I so tired and everything hurt?

I washed up in the bathroom and then went back for some clothes and make up. Remi wasn't in the room.

After I put myself together I went downstairs and there was my friend, making coffee.

"I love you." I said as she passed me a mug. Oh it smelled so good.

I took a sip. Mmmmmmm.. That rich taste..I'm ready for the world now.

"I'm gonna go get ready." Remi left her empty coffee mug and rushed upstairs.

I walked over to the open door of the kitchen. The sun was shining bright even at 7 am in the morning, but there was a gentle breeze coming in, blowing my hair back. It smelled like sweet flowers and freshly mowed grass. Ah this indeed was the country.

I took another sip of the coffee and just enjoyed the view..

**

We got on our bikes and drove down the street the same way we came. We passed through the field of sunflowers with heads held up towards the sun.. It was a totally different feeling than watching the sunset. The sunset had calmed me down, but this morning the same view gave me energy, hope.. I was happy to just be able to look at it. Remi and I could barely say a word to each other. It was just beautiful.

 It was just beautiful

We continued cycling until we reached a greener path with small cottage-like houses with huge gardens. There were even chickens on the road.