Chapter 12

Lucy's p.o.v

We sat down at a burger place and ordered some food.

Damn, I was starving.

"We need a good gamer. No, a great one. And trust me at these kinds of events, not everyone is willing to go through the trouble." I told Ace. "We can't use Sierra or any one of our game testers. That wouldn't be fair to them. We need to find someone with skills and we need them to be willing to do this."

"I still don't get why." Ace shoved a whole bunch of fries in his mouth.

"The rules are different." I took a bite of the burger and took the napkin and a pen to draw up a sketch of what the competition looked like. " Here is how the underground gaming system works. There are designated computers for each player and the games the gamers play are all new. They haven't played them before. The computers are all wired together like this, and there are two spare computers that are wired to this network."

"Why?"

"Because while the gamer is trying to win, two separate hackers have to gatekeep because hackers of another gamer's team might attack our network. That means the game can get shut off and you lose. That's how they check the hacker's skills."

"Shit." Ace dropped down a fry. "So that means we both have to assist the game player."

"Yep. But that's not the problem. There are also strategists. Not every team has them and honestly, I don't think we'll be able to get one, but the game strategists are very good at planning out attacks and defenses. They can also assist the gamers or agitate the other team. Some teams bring three, others have none. In either case, those are dangerous."

"We can always get Kai to help out with strategies." Ace suggested.

I shook my head. "Kai will get more agitated rather than agitate the other players. Like I said, it'll be hard to find one. But for now let's just focus on finding a gamer."

"I'm on it." Ace said and pulled out his phone. "I have connections everywhere."

***

Francys p.o.v

v