Chapter 48

Lucy's p

Lucy's p.o.v

We dropped off Remi and Kai at Remi's house, but after staying alone with Francy, she was nowhere as happy as I thought she would be.

What happened to I can't wait to get home and spend time with you?

Where was the confetti, the champagne, the enthusiasm for her boyfriend?

I thought she was happy about this as much as I was?

She was staring outside the window in deep thought.

Something was wrong, I just couldn't wrap my head around what was it. Did I do something wrong? Oh shit, did I fuck something up and didn't notice?

I pulled up in her driveway but there was no reaction from her. I pressed the honk and she snapped out of it, but didn't say anything.

She got out of the car slowly and started taking her bags out. The front door of her house opened and her mom Trine ran out.

"Francy!!!" Her mom yelled and started running towards her.

Francy dropped her bags and started running towards her mom.

"Mom!!!"

"Francy."

"Moooooom."

It was like watching a slow-motion movie of two lovers finally reuniting.

She hugged her mom and they both swung left to right, swirling in circles. 

"I missed you," Francy whined.

"I missed you more." Trine caressed her hair. "I was dying without my baby."

"No, I was dying." 

Her dad Alben walked out all proud and just walked over casually like he didn't even care.

When her mom finally let her go, Francy gave him a look and he gave her the same look and next thing I know, he was on his knees and she had tossed herself over him. 

"Is that a white hair I see? You worried too much about me, didn't you?" Francy teased her father, whose whole hair had already been white for a while.

He did a surprised face taking a strand of her hair. "Is that a white hair on you too? Looks like you stress yourself too much as well. Was the getting up early, the deliveries, or life itself that stressed you out to the point of having white hair?"

"Heeeey." She hit his shoulder and put her hands on her waist. "I'm an independent woman now."

"An independent woman that has her boyfriend pick her up cause she can't drive and calls her dad to ask how to change a lightbulb."

She deliberated for a second and then sighed. "Touche."

He got up and gave her a tight hug. "Well as long as you're a baby, I can use excuses to spoil you."