Chapter 54

Lucy's p.o.v

We walked back into the house unable to contain our excitement.

As I kicked off my shoes and entered the Devil's den, balloons were popped and glitter fell everywhere.

"Eeeee." Everyone jumped out.

"Congratulations on your win!"  Francy waved a balloon.. "Did you get him?"

She really took it seriously when I told her to go all out.

There were balloons everywhere, confetti and glitter all over the floor, music started blasting and the whole gaming area was covered with decorations.

I walked over to Francy and wrapped my arms around her.  When I kissed her I tasted chocolate and cherry.

I pulled away confused. "You taste like cake."

"Sorry, we couldn't wait for the cake anymore." She smiled. "I saved the rest of it in the fridge"

"It's a really good cake." A familiar voice spoke.

I lifted my head. "Fin?"

"Hey!" He smiled shoving another bite of cake in his mouth. He was so tanned, I barely recognized him.

It took me so long to get used to Kai without Fin and now it was weird seeing Fin with Kai. They were such a duo.

"When did you get back from vacation?" I asked.

"A few hours ago." He smiled. "I missed way too much drama this month."

"It took me a week to hear all of it." Rehan added walking around with a party hat on.

Francy suddenly pulled out a paper crown from somewhere, and place it on top of my head. "You're in a good mood. What happened?"

"You'll never believe this." I smiled fixing the crown on my head. "The hacker turned out to be a kid and then his father turned out to be this investor and offered to invest in the game. Right?"

I turned around but Ace was gone. I couldn't spot Sole anywhere either.

"When did they leave?"

"They're still in the honeymoon phase. Forgive them." Francy smiled. "So tell me more. Your game is getting an investment, but what does it mean?"

"It means I'm a professional game developer!" I yelled out and everyone started applauding.

Francy tossed herself over me. "Congratulations."

"Thank you." I squeezed her tighter.

"I'm so proud of you." She smiled at me.

I brushed her hair back. "I love you."