Chapter 47

Francy's p

Francy's p.o.v

The inside of the house was dark as the daylight in the sky was shortened by the heavy grey clouds.

Rain was pouring like it was doom's day and the wind was howling like a wolf trying to blow the house down of the three little piglets.

The noise in the house was made just by sheer storm, ravaging outside.

We all sat on the dining room chairs, wrapped in blankets watching the mess outside. Sole seemed bit distracted, while Remi was enjoying the peace that came inside with the chaos outside.

How long was this storm going to last we had plans and...

Suddenly a sound like a heavy crash pierced my ears.

It was so scary, so rattling and I'm pretty sure the crash was coming from outside. 

Remi and Sole were visibly alarmed as well. Sole pushed her blanket off and got up first.

We both followed, sticking our noses to the veranda door glass.

That's where the horror struck us. The greenhouse was in total tatters.

The giant tree that was providing a nice shadow for us every day, the tree Remi and I had joked about making a treehouse on one day, the very same that was our pride, had crashed on top of the greenhouse.

Its roots yanked out from the ground branches, piercing through the shattered glass.

I barely held in my scream.

"Oh no, no no." Remi covered her mouth tears welling up in her eyes. "The glass is broken. Everything on the rooftop is broken."

"Don't worry, didn't you buy spare parts for the already broken windows?" Sole asked.

A jolt pierced my heart. "I left the extras in the glass garden." I sunk down on my knees. "I thought they'd be safest there as the glass garden was next on the list after today."

"Noo.! Nooooo.!" Remi stomped and started sobbing. "The glass garden is supposed to be our key move. The cherry on top of this project. What are we doing to do?!"

My head started calculating our budget. Even if we had enough money to buy what we need, there wouldn't be enough to cover the expenses of someone getting the tree off and fixing it for us. This was way out of anyone's capabilities.

I stormed upstairs and tossed myself on the bed crying. How the hell did this happen?

After a good crying session, I came back downstairs. The storm had calmed down, the house was silent once again except for the soft sound of rain.

The house was dark, except for the dimmed yellow light coming from the kitchen.