Chapter 9

Francy's p

Francy's p.o.v

Remi came back downstairs and beckoned me to join her in my bedroom to talk in private.

"What happened with Kai?" I asked . They didn't fight because of this, did they?

Remi waved her hand nonchalantly. "Oh we talked, he's fine."

"Oh thank god." I let go of a breath of relief. He was the worst when he was angry.

"So..." Remi sat down on the bed and looked at her nails. "What are we going to do about the living-there part? How do you think Elric is going to react?"

Oh my god...Elric.. The last thing he needed to hear was this. Not to mention I was living for the moment where we could both be together this summer. How did I blank out like this?

How could I forget his problems and how worried he was.. Oh no. I'm a horrible girlfriend. A terrible person.

I dropped down on the bed next to Remi.

"Oh no Remi, what are we going to do? How will I tell Elric?"

Remi leaned her head on my shoulder. "I mean... Do we really want to go?"

I got up and looked at her. "Of course. I mean just think about it. Our first international competition might be the breakthrough for our careers. And we're going to be roommates for the summer. It's going to be so much fun."

Remi pressed her lips together. "mhmmm."

"We can stay up all night and cook breakfast together. And lavish in aesthetics. We're going to be independent. Don't you think that's going to be fun?"

"But what about your boyfriend?" She bit her lower lip.

"I don't know." I sat back down. "I don't know. I don't want to leave Elric behind. God knows I can't take him with me since he's tied up with his job." I sighed.

"Guess we shouldn't go then." Remi took my hand. "It just wasn't meant to be."

"I guess so."

Remi sighed. "It's for the best."

I glanced at her. "I'm surprised Kai let you go without a problem."

Remi looked away. "Yeaah about that.." She pulled her hand out and got up. "He asked me not to go and I told him I won't go. But it's fine, cause we just decided it was for the best."

"You what?" I tried to process what she said. "You told him you won't go?"

She took a step back. "I know I know. I'm terrible! horrible! But Francy.. How can I leave him for the summer.. You should have seen his eyes.. He was begging me to stay. He even made me an irresistible promise."

"You..." I got up and took a step towards her. "You little traitor."

She took a step back. "Francy, let's talk about this."