Chapter 31

Francy's p.o.v

Thursday

"Now you.." I took the camera from Remi and she started posing for the pictures.

We were going for a really artistic look in nature.

The weather was nice and we were enjoying the sunny weather in a place by a small river, not far from our house.

We had decided to do a small picnic, to get some pictures, relax and use the opportunity to tell Sole about the room

Sole was munching on a strawberry, quietly reading a book Remi and I gave her.

"Sole do you want to take pictures?" I asked her.

She shook her head in denial and continued reading the book.

Remi finished taking pictures and sat down on the blanket taking one of the strawberries. "These are really good." She stuffed her cheeks with strawberries.

"Sole..." I started. "Remi and I were thinking and we'd like to offer you a solution for the summer."

Remi nodded vigorously, mouth still full with strawberries.

"Solution for what?" She asked flipping through the book.

"For your painting problem."

Her head shoot up and she stared blankly at me.

I smiled. It was so exciting to see her reaction. "We would like to offer you one of the rooms in the house to paint in while we're here. You can paint as much as you want and can use the room for your work."

Sole stared at me, blinking from time to time, completely frozen.

Suddenly she tossed herself in my arms and squeezed me in a tight hug.

"Thank you." The words were whispered, but they felt so emotional.

She then let go of me and went to hug Remi as well. Suddenly she started gathering her stuff. "I'll go pack my things."

I laughed. "You can do that later."

She put on her shoes. It was the fastest I had seen her move.

"And waste time?"she said,

"We're one of the last houses down the street. Up the first hill you see. You can come later." I explained.

I'll see you later then." Still struggling with her stuff she cut way through the trees to get to the main road. She didn't waste any time.

Remi had finally swallowed the strawberries. "I didn't get to tell her about Saturday."

I laid down on the blanket and smiled. "She's gonna be at our house all day long from now on. I doubt you'll have to call her to come over on Saturday.

I closed my eyes and laid in the shade, while thinking about Saturday and fantasize about the reunion with Elric.

***

Lucy's p.o.v

My eyes burned from staring at the screen all day. If I continued to do this, I'd have to wear glasses. I rubbed my eyes and placed my laptop aside.

My neck, back and legs hurt and I desperately needed a shower

My neck, back and legs hurt and I desperately needed a shower. I looked at my phone. It was way past 1 am. For some reason, I wanted to call Francy. I knew I would get to see her on Saturday but just talking to her on the phone would have been nice.

I looked for the aircon remote on my bed and turned on the cooling settings. Summers in this city were always hot at the beginning of the season.

I covered my eyes with my arm for a second.

It's difficult for partners when they can't relate.

What Halo said kept ringing in my ears. If that was true, then how can I even bring up the topic of my past to Francy?

She already hated my reputation before she knew it was me? Could I even ask her to understand considering her views on the matter?

She had spent months prior to our dating to convince Ace I was a cyberbully.

I didn't even want to think what would happen if she reacts badly to it.

Wow, you really chicken out quickly.

No I don't.

Great, now I can hear Ace in my head. He did say I was wuss for not telling Francy my past thinking she's gonna leave me.

I took a deep breath and got up to head for the shower. As I walked past the room, I realized once an empty room now felt like a proper bedroom. Francy had made the room feel cozy and homey, bringing pillows, nightstands, lamps, paintings and plants.

I chuckled as I entered the bathroom and saw the rest of the stuff.

There was no way Francy would just walk away once she heard my past. Our relationship was too strong to be broken just like that.

I chuckled when I saw the face towel basket . Just look at all this cute crap she brought.

Her love was all around this apartment and I'd be stupid to doubt it.