Chapter 11

Lucy's p.o.v

Kai walked into the living room.

"They left you?" He asked, "For real?".

"They went to buy celebratory things. You know.. Because Francy and Remi got accepted into the competition with their idea." I leaned on the couch.

Kai was instantly on defense. "Oh so she left you to try to talk me out of it."

"Nope. She said she'll go on her own if she has to." I lied. A bit. But that stopped him from leaving the room.

He came back and pulled out a chess board from the drawer under the TV.

"Want to play?"

"Sure."

I got white and he got black.

Kai was putting up his figures on the board. "Then you're not here to say anything about it?"

He broke the silence.

I was putting up mine. "That's not true either," I answered.

He narrowed his eyes and glanced at me.

We started playing.

"I can't tell you what to do with your relationship

"I can't tell you what to do with your relationship." I started off. "You have your own thing and pace with Remi and I have my own with Francy. If I can help it I wouldn't have this conversation."

"Aha." Kai made his next move with the rook.

"But since this involves you and Francy. I have to say something about it."

"Why does that matter?"

I moved my knight. "Well, we're friends right. And we're close. Like family."

"Okay. I see your point." Kai made another move.

I moved my rook. "That's why I'm kind of disappointed that you're making two friends fight when the situation can be helped."

Kai scoffed and moved his pawn. "I'm not sure how you can let Francy go when you barely saw her these past few months. If anything I'd be worried to let her out of my sight."

That stung. "Francy and I have an arrangement." I moved my pawn.

"I have one with Remi." His next move took my pawn.

"But yours is interfering with mine."

"Then you have a problem. Not me."

That didn't even... Ah he was getting on my nerves.

"I can see why they hate arguing with you." I looked down at the board and moved my next pawn.

"Then why bother?" He smirked and moved another pawn..