Chapter 44

Lucy's p.o.v

Ugh, my back hurts. I should not have slept on a couch, a second night in a row. I looked at the time. It was already pretty late.

I drank a coffee in a hurry, and headed directly to Ace's house. Today we had another competition and I had to make sure he snaps back to normal.

Once there, I found him in the kitchen, snacking on some candy, while piling up candy wraps.

Damn it. Not even separating him from that painting worked.

"Don't forget we have the competition today."

"Mhmmm."

"You studied right?"

He let out a long sigh. "Yes."

"And you're ready?"

"Yesss."

"Francy spoke to Sole yesterday."

Ace dropped the candy he was about to eat.

Kai came into the kitchen to refill his coffee mug. He went to the pot and poured some.

"What did Sole say?" Ace asked.

"Hey Kai, how are you." I took a sit on one of the bar chairs next to the counter.

Kai turned around. "I'm great. Want some coffee?"

"Yep, that would be great."

Yo!" Ace threw a candy at me, hitting my shoulder.

Kai handed me the mug.

"Thanks."

"Am I a wall here?" Ace picked up another candy with a threatening look.

"It's a lovely day, isn't it." I told Kai, barely holding in my laugh.

Ace let out a long impatient sigh.

"Oh right." I turned towards Ace. "Francy said she talked to Sole and apparently she can't focus on anything either. Francy suspects she likes you too but refuses to talk about it."

Ace smiled. "Really?" He then went serious. "You're not fucking with me are you?"

"Cross my heart." I grinned.

Ace dropped back on the chair, staring into nothing with a smile on his face.

Suddenly we heard the front door open and there were grunts coming from the living room.

"Are mom and dad supposed to be back yet?" Ace asked Kai and he just shrugged.

We dropped everything and went into the living room.

Rehan was dragging two suitcases that were so huge I wonder how he got them through the door. He had gotten taller just in few months.

He stopped pulling when he saw us and flashed us a smile. "Wanna help?"

Ace ran over in a second and jumped over him. "Where have you been?" He hugged him, hitting his back and ruffling his hair. "My little brother is back."

Rehan hugged him back happily.

Kai walked over and tried to open one of the suitcases on the ground. Rehan slammed a foot over it.

"Not that one."

"What about my souvenirs?" Kai asked with a scowl.

Rehan tossed his body over him, hugging him. "I've missed your grumpy face."

While struggling on the ground with Kai he put his hand out. "Lucyyyy. I missed you..uuh.."He struggled with Kai and tried putting a arm out.

"Welcome back." I smiled and greeted him before Kai put a choke-hold on him and they continued rolling on the ground.