Chapter 53

Francy's p

Francy's p.o.v

 Ace, Rehan and Kai dropped on the ground as I opened the door to mom and dad's room.

"What are you doing?" I asked laughing.

Dad gave them a look and they instantly got up on their feet.

"We worried." Ace gave him a cheeky smile.

"You seem okay." Kai was observing me if I was faking it or not.

"I'm okay. I'll give you the details later." I told him and hugged him.

Rehan and Ace jumped into the hug as well.

Dad coughed and then started clapping his hands. "Come on! Let's go downstairs our guests are waiting."

Mom suddenly grabbed him and pulled him so they both joined in the hug as well.

What was I without this family?

After going back downstairs I had to give a brief explanation to everyone to let them know I'm okay.

Elric was relieved to see me smiling and he pulled me aside to get reassured I was really okay.

"I'm okay. I promise." I took his hands in mine. "I'll tell you everything later. Now I need some ice cream and laughter."

"Alright." He squeezed my hand and pulled me with determination walking into the living room.

"Get your things, people. We're going out for ice cream." He told everyone and he turned towards mom and dad. "We'll be back for lunch."

Dad gave him a nod and Elric just tugged me after him.

We walked to a small cafe in my neighborhood. We all picked an ice cream flavor, ordered some lemonade and we sat at the cafe's terrace squeezing onto a small table.

Kai and Remi switched ice creams cause Kai's was too sweet, Rehan was telling Sole about the places he visited in Turkey while Elric Ace and I listened.

When Sole excused herself to go to the bathroom I gave Ace a teasing look.

"What?" He smiled.

"Nothing." I smiled.

"Oh come on." He threw a scrunched straw wrap at me.

"I'm just happy for you." I tossed it back at him. "Do you think Sole's having fun? I haven't been able to pay proper attention to her with everything that happened."

"She's really happy. Can't you tell?" Ace leaned forward.

I shrugged. "I usually ask her. She's really subtle about it. I can't always tell." I glanced to see if she was back yet. "I'm just worried if this is too overwhelming. We're a loud bunch."