Chapter 38

Francy's p.o.v

I got out of the water and ran to the beach blanket grabbing the towel. The wind blowing made me shiver.

I wrapped the towel around me and pushed my hair back taking a deep breath in. This felt so good. The sun was quick to warm my body and as the drops of water slid from my hair down my arms evaporated before they soaked in my skin.

I sat down on the blanket, under the umbrella and watched Elric come out of the water.

The water was dripping down his body. He pushed his hair back with both hands and wiped the water off his face. He slowly made his way towards me, enjoying the feel of the warm sand under his feet. He stood in front of me soaking in the sunlight, his body glistening into the sun like he was some sort of god.

I checked my mouth for drool. Damn..I had to get myself together.

I tapped the towel next to me, but instead, he nudged me to move and he took the side closer to the sand.

Remi and Kai ran out of the water and Kai rushed to the blanket, grabbed Remi's towel and wrapped her in it before she started shaking.

Sole and Ace followed out right after them.

I handed them their towels and then opened the basket taking out the bottle of water and the mini wooden mugs Remi and I bought from the market.

"Is anyone hungry?" Remi asked. "We brought food too."

"Maybe later." Ace answered, gulping down the water.

Remi turned towards me. "Wanna go collect sea shells?"

"I'll come." Kai got up right away.

"Okay." Remi left her towel and to my surprise, Kai took her hand in front of us and they walked further down the beach.

"Since when do they hold hands in public?" Ace said completely in shock.

"I..." I was speechless. "I have no idea."

"Is that unusual for them?" Sole asked.

"Very." We all answered in sync.

I was really happy for them. They were making progress as a couple.

I laid down on the blanket and stretched. The warm breeze felt nice upon my skin. Life was good. Elric was here. I had no need to worry about Halo and the day was just to my liking.

~~~~~~~~

Ace's p.o.v

The sun was getting so hot, if I didn't easily tan I'd probably start burning now. The more I breathed in the salty fresh air, the more I craved a cold beer in my hand.

It was a beautiful day, in fact just as much of a summer day as they came by. I forgot what it was like to be free and have lazy days like this. Working next to Lucy was fulfilling, but I was restless. I needed this.

I glanced at Francy who was napping and Lucy next to her, who was somewhere close to that too. He seemed to have enjoyed this day off idea as much as I have.

The break was long overdue.

I looked at the person who I heard had suggested the idea. Sole was sitting on the part of the blanket where it caught sun and she seemed to be in thought.

God that was a beautiful woman. Her body was perfect, every curve every inch. Her long hair falling down to the dip of her back was making her even sexier. She was irresistible.