Chapter 39

Francy's p.o.v

Some time later, I felt cold drops of water sliding down my back. I realized I had drifted asleep for a few minutes. I opened my eyes and saw Elric was putting back the water bottle in the basket. "Ah sorry. Didn't mean to wake you."

I rubbed my eyes. Oh god. Did I slobber? How did I look? I pushed my hair back who was totally curly and still half wet. I wiped the corner of my mouth. I was good.

I tried to get a glimpse of my surroundings. There was no one on the beach except us. Remi and Kai were nowhere in sight and ...

I rose in a sitting position and saw Ace building a sandcastle while Sole went back and forth to the ocean bringing him water in the tiny wooden mug.

"Look at that. You know what's that called.." I nudged Elric. "Slavery."

Elric chuckled.

"I mean it." I sighed and shook my head. "Poor Sole. Maybe I should intervene.."

Elric suddenly pulled me down to lay on his arm. "How about you pay attention over here a bit."

The sea softly doused the beach. The palpitating pulse of the sea was steady and peaceful, almost hypnotic. No wonder I had fallen asleep. It was so soothing. The warm air was like a blanket.

Elric was laying on his side, facing me, his arm under my neck while the other was tracing an invisible line on my arm.

There was a shimmer in his eyes that I hadn't noticed before. Maybe it was the blue right behind him, but I couldn't look away.

As I scooted over and our bodies touched, something inside me ignited. Being skin on skin felt so nice. He brushed my hair back from my neck and then his finger glided down the length of my back.

His fingers were slightly cold, yet wherever he touched, my skin burned.

I closed my eyes for a second. His scent was briny. Just like the sea. His hair had some sand in it.

I brushed the tiny pieces of sand off gently and then, a bit uncertain, I ran my fingers down his chest to his waist and wrapped my arm around him.

He took a deep breath almost like this was torturing him. He rose up a bit with me still on his arm and pressed a kiss on my neck.

"I'm losing my patience.." He whispered in my ear. "You look so tempting right now." He placed another kiss on the sensitive spot under my ear.

The side of my stomach clenched in reaction to his words, his touch..

"I can't take my eyes off you. Should we just go and disappear somewhere?"

I could feel his warm breath on my skin. My fingers sunk into his back without my consent. I couldn't control my own body when I was near him.

His words were like a lullaby to me and at the same time the most tempting way to get me to move. His voice, so deep and raspy when he talked in low volume, was enough to make me melt.

"When will you keep the promise you said on your birthday?" He asked in my ear. "Cause I'm not sure I can hold out much longer."

I knew exactly which promise he was referring to. I'll make you mine in two months. I told him.

And frankly, not even I wanted to wait that long anymore. Every time we saw each other it was like flying sparks ready to ignite a fire.

I yearned for him to touch me, press his body over mine. I craved to feel his lips on my skin.