Chapter 13

Francy's p.o.v

Few days later, the day of my birthday, my fabulous 18th birthday was finally here. And I was having a meltdown.

"I'm not ready yet. I'm not ready and the guests will be here." I hopped on one leg with half my pedicure done, trying to get my earings on while simultaneously yelling at mom who was tick-tocking me at the door.

"I have the food ready, I just can't take it out until you're there to make it the way you want aesthetically." She crossed her hands. "And why does it smell like.."

"what.." I looked at mom and then smelled the air. "Oh my god the flat iron.." I ran and unplugged it. I completely forgot to shut it off after i was done curling my hair with it. I glanced towards mom who was giving me a disapproving look.

"One day you'll burn the house down."

"Can you please not judge me today and just help me out?" I asked giving up.

She laughed and walked in the room helping me with the dress and then fixing my hair pattern and my curls.

"Everything will look great, you look amazing and your friends will love everything. You chased all the men out of the house so no one will ruin anything." She rubbed my back to calm me down.

I sighed. Yeah. I suppose she was right.

"If she was you and panicking like this, I'd tell her she needs to get laid." Grandma from mom's side walked into the room with champagne. She was wearing a long navy blue gown and glittery nail polish.

"Grandma." I ran over to her and hugged her.

"Ma poupee." She kissed the top of my head.

"She's not me and she is having a girl's only party." Mom stood up and sized up grandma. "Why overdress, we're not invited."

"Matters not." She grinned. "A fabulous woman needs to be fabulous anywhere to keep up her good reputation. I don't want her friends glancing at her grandmother and not thinking wow I want to be that fabulous her age."

"We love a good glam in this house," I said as I looked down at my gorgeous dress and over-the-top heels considering this was a garden party. But glam and aesthetics mattered. They were the core of my life. My being.

There was no Francy without aesthetics in her life.

"Alright fine. But I'm going to need help in the kitchen considering this one.." she glanced at me. "made a mess before running off to get ready."

"I love you." I grinned at mom.

She scoffed at her adorable daughter and left with grandma.

I finished getting ready and stood in front of the mirror to take a picture and send it to Elric later on.

See, before I got a boyfriend I always made my birthday parties, girls only, and made them as aesthetic as they could possibly be. I was known among my classmates as the ultimate aesthetic party host. Not that I threw crazy parties that lots of people went to, but it was a small local title that I carried with honor.

I never thought I will get a boyfriend in high school. So now in order to keep up with the tradition and knowing what kind of party I wanted, I couldn't invite him to come.

But we had agreed to celebrate it properly the next day by going on a cute date.

The party started around 7. The theme was blue lagoon. I wanted everything to look white and cerulean blue with hints of turquoise and have a sea vibe to it.