Chapter 20

Francy's p.o.v

By the time we had finished the deliveries, it was already getting really hot. I waved a hand in front of my face but I could feel drops of sweat forming at my forehead. Even the top of my head was hot to the touch.

The moment we got home Remi crashed on the couch while I ran to the bathroom to dip myself in cold water.

I was still tired from waking up too early, from cycling so much and the sun. But I couldn't deny I was having fun.

The window in the bathroom was open, letting in the breeze as I was showering. Ahh..

Wonderful.

After the refreshing shower, my skin was nice and cool and even walking through the rooms was breezy. Remi and I covered the windows everywhere so the less the sun got in, the cooler we'd remain inside considering there wasn't even a fan in the house.

I walked back down still with the towels on me and saw Remi was laying upside down waving her straw hat in front of her face.

"I made fruit salads and put them in the fridge. Can you bring them out?" She said.

"Sure."

Around the last houses we had gone to, the elderly were so nice they gave us some strawberries, berries and raspberries. I saw the bowls of fruits Remi prepared. She used some of the fruit we brought from home to make it richer.

 She used some of the fruit we brought from home to make it richer

I handed Remi the bowl. She finally twisted her body back to normal.

"What's on today's agenda?" I asked.

Remi reached for her tablet on which she had the notes on. "I just noted that we should finish all the basics in the house. So that means we have to see what's in the storage room."

Right..I forgot about that.

I got up and ran over to the cute yellow backpack I kept next to the dining room table. I opened it and pulled out the key for the room.

Let's see how crazy it was in there.

I unlocked it ready to be hit with a view of a giant mess instead...

"Aaaaaa." I screamed.

"What what? Is it a dead body?" Remi jumped from the couch and ran over.

"Oh my god!" She pushed me out of the way.

It was unbelievable.

Yes the giant mess was there as expected and specks of dust were present but what I did not expect to see was old floral dresses that were so so beautiful.