Chapter 51

Francy's p.o.v

I was leaned back on one chair with my feet up on the other, baking outside on the garden patio of my home.

Kai was in the shade, reading a book and swirling the glass in his hand, clinking the ice in his cold brew coffee.

"Give me a sip.." I told him and leaned over the table.

Kai passed me the glass, immersed in his book and I took a sip through the straw. It was a bit bitter, but ah... so nice and cold.

"I think we should get a pool." Rehan walked out to join us barefoot and dropped down over the short green grass.

He laid there like a little kid enjoying the sun.

"I second that." I waved a hand over my face. The sun was getting hotter and hotter.

"Where do I sign?"Kai joined in taking a sip from his coffee.

"We need Ace to agree too and then we go to mom and dad." Rehan put a hand over his eyes to look at me. "Where is he anyway?"

I threw my head back in a satisfied laugh. "Since he's not back home since yesterday, I can only assume he's still there."

"Where?" Rehan asked curiously.

Kai didn't ask, but he did not flip the next page of his book either.

"He's with Sole."

"He finally went after her?" Rehan jumped on his feet happily.

Kai shut the book closed and turned towards me. "No way."

"Yes, way." I almost spilled everything when I saw Rehan shaking his head.

Suddenly dad walked out carrying a huge watermelon. Mom rushed outside after him and ran to get the hose.

"We could just cut it and put it in the fridge," Kai complained.

"Where's the fun in that?" Rehan said and got up to help.

"That's the right spirit in this family," Dad said as he put the watermelon down.

"Plus when you cut it and eat it right away it tastes best," I added.

Dad smiled and pointed at me. "Go help the helper."

"What helper?" I asked.

I turned around and saw Elric carrying a plastic laundry bin for the watermelon.

"Elric!" I ran over to him excitedly and hugged him from his back. "When did you get here?"

"Eheee.I said help. No distracting him." Dad complained and I let him go immediately.

"Sorry." I gave Elric a cute smile and he just winked.

Dad turned on the hose and then handed it to Eric to keep cooling the watermelon in the little plastic laundry bin.