Chapter Seven : Retail Therapy on rainy days

Je ne supporte pas d'être loin de toi

I cannot bear to be far from you

~*~

"Thanks for meeting me," Evelyn greeted Kate with a smile and a hug.

"How could I turn down a shopping trip?" She replied and the two girls laughed. 

"Where to first?  There's Charlotte Tilbury for makeup or clothing. . ."

"Makeup," Kate nodded.  "Definitely makeup.  I'm running low on my foundation."

"Makeup it is."

The girls made it to Sephora and were greeted instantly.  The employee knew who they were but allowed them to have a few moments to themselves before asking for a picture, which the girls immediately agreed to.  Stares and whispers were made from the customers in the high end cosmetic store.  

"Have you ever tried Charlotte Tilbury products?" The blonde asked the brunette as she grabbed another one of her light wonder foundation, the filmstar bronze and glow duo, instant magic facial dry sheet mask and some skincare items from Tatcha.  

On her days off when she wasn't trying really hard she loved having a light weight foundation that barely had any coverage.  Besides, she didn't really need the coverage as she didn't have anything she needed to cover.  

She also bought the new Pillowtalk eyeshadow palette that Charlotte launched recently.  She had seen it online but wanted to be in store and swatch the colours.  Instantly, Evelyn fell in love with it as they were some of her favourite colours.  Pink was her favourite but she loved that there were some neutrals in it as well.

"No, I haven't.  I've always just used my Bobbi Brown foundation.  Is her brand any good?"

"It's the best," Evelyn gushed.

What she didn't know but would find out the next day was that some customers in the store were listening in on their conversation and told Daily Mail.  The whole world finding out her love of Charlotte Tilbury products.  Naturally, Charlotte Tilbury and her team being thrilled that the fashion designer loved her products, would end up sending her some products for free weeks later.  Evelyn being shocked but very grateful.  Over the years if it came out in the news that Evelyn liked a brand (especially cosmetics or skincare) she would be sent some items for free in thanks for liking their brand.  Evelyn was still amazed that brands sent her their items for free as she never expected it.

The two women made their way throughout Sephora and checked out the items they purchased then making their way to Mac Cosmetics, Dior and lastly Victoria Beckham's store.  The older brunette was at her store today, knowing that the women would be there and she wanted to personally be there.  

"Hello, Evelyn and Kate," Victoria greeted the two with a hug and kisses on both sides on the face.  "Would you two like some champagne?"

"That would be lovely," Kate said and Evelyn agreed.  

"Thank you, Victoria," the blonde smiled at the brunette who was just an inch shorter than her.

"Your welcome," the former Spice Girls singer told her and left coming back moments later with a silver trey that held two glasses of champagne.

Eve took a sip of the bubbly substance and swallowed it as she looked around the store.  Victoria let the two spend their time in her store, as they tried on dress after dress.  Evelyn was having a hard time deciding between a bright pink coloured dress and a blue one.

"What do you girls think?" Evelyn asked as she held up the two in front of her after having tried both of them on.

"The pink one definitely," they both agreed.