Chapter Seven - Afternoon tea

Next Monday, 20 April 2018

It was confirmed that Evelyn was indeed pregnant with their fourth child.  The married couple was so unbelievably happy.  Her doctors, Guy Thorpe-Beeston and Alan Farthing, advised against them telling family and friends for the meantime.  Not just because it was too early as she was only nine weeks pregnant but also because her pregnancy with the twins was hard on her.  She always had unpredictable periods so that's why she never would have guessed she was pregnant.  Evelyn made sure to take her prenatal vitamins everyday and she checked with her doctors to make sure the baby was okay after she got drunk last weekend.  They assured her that baby was healthy.

Evelyn must have figured that the baby was conceived during the first week of March when they were in Switzerland and they found out that baby is due September 20th.  Baby number four will be born around the same time as Alexander.  

They hadn't told the kids yet, because they were waiting until Friday when they could do something fun with them.  They only hoped that they would be as excited as they were. 

She tried her hardest not to reach for her favourite polish pottery tea cup and saucer and make herself a cup of tea.  Because today she was meeting with her best friends at The Berkeley Hotel.  Evelyn drove herself in her new Toyota RAV 4 car that she loved so much.  It was a hybrid electric car which always intrigued her friends and she even got Ivy to buy one as well. 

The kids were dropped off at school already by both Evelyn and William since he had time that morning to do so and then he was off to this engagement.

Evelyn was dressed in a Catherine Walker boat neck 3/4 length summer dress in a romantic poppy print silk georgette.  Her honey blonde hair was down straight and she had minimal makeup on her face since she didn't have any engagements for the rest of the day.  She probably owned more Catherine Walker outfits in her dressing room than any other brand, besides Zara. 

Her body guard, Emma, drove in the car behind her making sure to stay close to her but giving her the freedom to drive on her own.

*

Once she made it to The Berkeley Hotel she parked her car and Emma followed behind her. 

Beatrice was able to get a private room in the hotel for the afternoon tea so that they could discuss why they were really having this meeting.  She hoped that Evelyn wouldn't take it as her friends ganging up on her.  Beatrice was glad she checked with Evelyn's private secretary, Lara Clarke, to make sure she was available at this time and she was grateful she was.

They had their Spring/Summer 2018 Prêt-à-Portea collection out right now.  It was fun and cute, especially since Evelyn loved fashion so much and she always wore very girly dresses that were also professional. 

"It's so good to see you all," Evelyn let out a sigh of relief as she hugged her best friends.

"You too, Eve," Bea smiled at her.  "I'm glad you could come today."