Chapter Four - A Royal Announcement

September 1, 2011

Evelyn Claire Bennett wasn't much of a planner.  She never knew what she wanted to be when she grew up.  Or who she was going to marry.  If she was going to marry at all.  She didn't know what the future held.  But when she woke up on that early morning of September 2011, she felt a sense of happiness and calmness, despite what would happen later that afternoon.

Everything was about to change.  Her life was about to be altered in ways that she could only imagine and that she had heard over the past four years from dating William.  But one thing she was certain of: never did she ever expect that she would be marrying Prince William.

She wasn't going to be marrying him for his title or the fact that he will become King someday.  She didn't say 'yes' for all of the endless amounts of gowns, jewelry, and popularity that she might gain.  She didn't say 'yes' for more attention from the paparazzi.

She said yes because she unconditionally loved him. So much that it physically hurt to be apart from him.  She couldn't imagine her life without him.

Today, she was getting ready with her team that she had chosen with the help of the Queen at her apartment with William.  They would be living here these last four months then after they would move to be in north Wales that would be closer for William with the military.  Her makeup artist, Carlene, was applying a brown coloured eyeshadow in her crease.  She was keeping her eyeshadow all matte and neutral as the dress she was wearing was from Victoria Beckham.  It was an indigo colour that was a fitted t-shirt dress.  It was a dress that flattered her figure with the high neckline as well that her stylist, Anya, thought would compliment her engagement ring very well.

"Nervous?" Carlene asked as her as she had let out a shaky breath.  Carlene had dipped her brush back in the eyeshadow palette and continued to finish her eyes.

"A little."

"I'm sure you'll be just fine," Carlene gave her a reassuring smile.  "You two are so cute."

"Thank you," she smiled at her makeup artist.

Normally she would be doing her own makeup, but since this was for a special occasion with them announcing their engagement, she used her makeup artist.  

CLARENCE HOUSE

LONDON SW1A 1BA

1ST SEPTEMBER, 2011

HIS ROYAL HIGHNESS PRINCE WILLIAM OF WALES
AND MISS EVELYN BENNETT
ARE ENGAGED TO BE MARRIED

The Prince of Wales is delighted to announce the engagement of Prince William to Miss Evelyn Bennett.

The wedding will take place in the Fall of 2011, in London.  Further details about the wedding day will be announced in due course.

Prince William and Miss Bennett became engaged in August during a private holiday in Kenya.  Prince William has informed The Queen and other close members of his family.  Prince William has also sought the permission of Miss Bennett's father.

Following the marriage, the couple will live in north Wales, where Prince William will continue to serve with the Royal Air Force.

*

When the piece of parchment was put out in front of Buckingham Palace from the guards on the easel and online from the Queen, there was a certain kind of excitement in the air.  

The couple entered Buckingham Palace with big smiles on their faces.  This is the happiest and most secured both of them have ever felt.  William was a good guy.  He was sweet, charismatic, cheeky, loving, and she couldn't picture anyone else as her husband or the father of her future children.