Chapter Thirteen - Telling the family

It was two weeks after the wedding and Evelyn's doctors thought it was all right for her to do an engagement

It was two weeks after the wedding and Evelyn's doctors thought it was all right for her to do an engagement.  Not that she minded being at home but it was enough to make her go stir crazy and she missed being out and about, going to her charities she was a patron for.  William would be accompanying her to see how things were going but also to keep an eye on her.  

She was quite excited to be able to go out whilst William stared at his wife in concern as she was getting ready.

"Will you stop looking at me like that?" She asked with a slight huff as she set down her eyeshadow palette having just finished her eye makeup and was now moving onto her face after she let her moisturiser settle into her skin.

"Like what?" He feigned innocence like he didn't know what she was talking about.

"Like I'm fragile.  I'm okay William," she reassured her husband and turned around in her seat and placed her hand on her little pudge of her stomach.  "We're okay.  I promise."

"I know," he walked forward and sat right next to her on her chair where her vanity was.  He placed his large hand close to hers but still let out lay on her stomach so their child could maybe feel his or hers dad's protection.  "I just worry s'all.  I love you both and I don't want anything to happen to either of you."

They knew it would be a whilst still until they felt baby kick and they were okay with that.  He just wanted little one to know their dad.  

Evelyn's morning sickness had been pretty bad this pregnancy and for the most part she felt very weak so far.  Which was why she had taken a slight break from working out but she still tried to do restorative yoga since it was good for her not to get all tight.  

"I know but we will have our body guards with us too, you know?  I mean, I'm carrying precious cargo here," she joked.

"I love you," he told her and kissed her lips then lowered himself slightly and took his hand off her stomach and pressed his lips to her stomach as well.  "And I love you too, little one."

Evelyn could've sworn she felt her heart melt into a puddle.  God.  Could this man who was her husband be even cuter?  

She kissed his cheek again and he released his hand on her stomach and got up to go let Zeus out before they leave whilst she finished her makeup.  She could hear Zeus's fingernails tap dancing along the wooden floor which brought a big smile to her face and made her shake her head at his happiness of William getting the leash.  He let out some loud barks of happiness as his whole body shook with happiness.  

Zeus' ears perked up at the sound of the floorboard creaking slightly and he just knew it was his mum.  He lifted his head up from William's lap after relaxing and laying his head in his dad's lap.  He hopped off the sofa and began running towards Evelyn as his nails could be heard scratching along the wooden floor which made Evelyn smile as she just knew Zeus was making his way to her.  He found her and she knelt down and began petting his head to which he obediently sat in front her, enjoying the love and attention from his mum.