Chapter Ten - Last minute preparations

Ever since William and Evelyn had their first argument -- they would hang out practically every day that neither of them were working.  It helped that William had a break from the military right now and was in London.  Evelyn had also spent some time alone with Chelsy whenever she wasn't busy at work.  

The two girls were different.  Chelsy was more wild whereas Evelyn was more tame.  Chelsy was trying to have fun, be a kid; and know more about herself whereas Evelyn already knew who she was.  Yet, somehow even the though the two were very different; they had much respect for the other.

Evelyn had learned that Chelsy was in university right now studying to become a lawyer.  She was three years younger than Evelyn and she was shocked to know that was what Chelsy wanted to be.  

Work had been busy at the office but she was still making time finish her end of the deal for the concert.

"Hi dad, how are you?" Evelyn asked on her mobile one day as she had just finished with work.

It had been semi-busy.

"I'm good, I'm going into work right now.  And you?"

"Good, good.  I was curious do you still have Kanye West's managers phone number?"

"Yes, I believe I do.  Why, d'you need it?"

"I do," she nodded her head in confirmation even though he couldn't see her.  "Is there any way I could have it?"

"Yes, let me get into the building first and then I'll ring you.  Is that okay?"

"Sounds perfect!  Thanks so much, dad."

"No, problem.  I love you."

"I love you too."

***

"That's so good!" Eve said to whoever she was speaking to on her mobile as she walked into William's room as Harry and Chelsy were also there.  "The concert is July first of this year.  Does that still work?"

"It does?  Oh, thank you so much, sir.  You don't know how excited they are going to be when they hear!  Talk soon."

"Who was that?" Harry asked curious as Chelsy hit him in the back of the head wincing slightly.  "Bloody hell, what was that for, Chels?"

"Stop being nosy.  Who even said that was news for us?"

"Well," Evelyn began as the trio looked up at her.  "Lucky for you, it is.  I just got off the mobile with the manager of Kanye West and they agreed for him to perform at the concert!"

"Are you serious?" William was the one freaking out now as he jumped up from his seat.

"Now why would be joking about this?"

"Oh my God, you're brilliant," he hugged her as she laughed patting his back.

"Well, I know how much you love him and thought you would like to have him at the concert for your mum."

"Thank you," he told her sincerely.

He was deeply touched by the thoughtful gesture that Evelyn did.  He knew how helpful she had been and was grateful to her.  

"So who all do you have performing?" Evelyn asked taking a seat.

"Lots of artists," William said.  "We have Elton John, whose good friends of ours and our mums, Duran Duran--who was a favourite of my mums, Natasha Bedingfield, Rod Stewart, Nelly Furtado, English National Ballet, P. Diddy, Kanye West and more."