Chapter Sixteen - Date Night

"What do you say to a date night tonight?" Evelyn read the little white card that was signed from William that had a gorgeous bouquet of flowers on her desk at work.  

She smiled to herself as she thought about the man she had been seeing for the last couple of months.  He was different then she was used to.  A good different.  It was refreshing with him then her ex fiancé.  How he had such a calming personality but yet he knew how and when to have fun and let loose.  He was a bit awkward at times but that's what made him -- him.  She loved those things about him.  How he wasn't afraid to be himself when he was off royal duty and be able to mistakes.  It showed that he was human and that he was just like everyone else.

Evelyn didn't have anything to do right then as she decided to take her mobile out and dialed his phone number as he answered on the second ring.

"I'm assuming you received the flowers?" he asked as she could picture him wearing a smirk on his face.

"I did," she nodded her head even though he couldn't see, "they're lovely.  Thank you."

"Your welcome," he told her in a gentle voice.  "I just couldn't resist when I saw them.  What do you say to that date?"

"I say yes."

"Excellent.  Are you free tonight possibly?"

"Er -- ," she looked down at her schedule to see if she had anything to do and thankfully she didn't.  "I am.  What did you have in mind?"

"I was thinking we could meet up at my place and I will order take out?"

"That sounds good.  What did you have in mind?" she asked interested in the food as well.

"I was thinking Indian.  That all right with you?" he asked her as his eyebrows rose creating a crease on his forehead.

"Never tried it," she said honestly.  "But I'm looking forward to it."

"Never had it?" he said sounding shocked.  "Well, I know you love curry so I know just what to order for tonight.  You'll love it, promise.  I'm sorry there's not much we can do right now."

"It's okay, I promise.  I don't need to go out and be seen with you.  I like being able to get to know you where it's just the two of us.  I trust you," she let out a laugh looking forward to seeing him tonight and the food.  "I'll see you tonight, Wills."

"See you tonight."

They both bid each other goodbye and set a time for their date as the door to her office opened, revealing her assistant as she popped her head in the door.  

"All right if I come in?" Sam asked.

"Yeah, s'alright.  What's wrong?" Eve asked noticing the concerned look on her assistants face.

"I thought I could handle it without having to come to you but Anthropologie received your clothes but they didn't receive the full shipment.  We are trying to track it but nobody can find the tracking number," Sam said anxious as she bit her fingernail.  

"We always pay for the extra tracking.  How the bloody hell can no one find it?"

"I don't know what happened!  But we are unable to find where it is right now."

"Okay, Sam, calm down and breathe.  Get me on the phone with David and try to contact him, please?  I need to chat with him how we can sort this mess out," she sighs as she rubs the sides of her temples.

It had been a while that she had ran into a problem like this at her work so to her it only made a bit of sense that it would happen.  But why did it have to happen on a new line that no one had really seen in person yet?  David had most of the items already but he was missing on some pieces that no one had seen yet, not even on social media.  So if this got out there and in the wrong hands it could turn out bad.