Chapter Twenty-Six : Dinner with the Prince and Duchess

The holidays were almost done with for a while as they still had the New Years Eve celebration in less than a couple of weeks.  The Royal family was back home in London and Evelyn couldn't be more excited to see her boyfriend one last time before he went back for the military.

Evelyn had a busy day ahead of her as they had just finalised and shipped out their New Years Eve outfits for Anthropologie and H&M.  Everything was black, white, silver and gold and had loads of sequins.  She couldn't tell which collection has been her favourite so far but she had to agree that this came a close second.  Her favourite probably being their holiday collection.  They had sent them along with the Christmas holiday collection set so that the stores already had them and they would be good to go.  

Later that night though William wanted her to come to dinner with his Pa and Camilla and him.  She had agreed to the invitation and was closing the office at five that day.  

Evelyn had also given her workers Christmas presents as well even if they didn't celebrate the holiday.  She wanted to thank them all for their hard work this year and how they had handled a lot of stressful situations with grace.  She couldn't do this without them.  They all loved their gifts and had chipped in on a gift card to her favourite restaurant which was an italian and Mediterranean food restaurant called Figo Stratford.  They bought enough money on it to where they figured it could have enough of a meal for two - a nice date for her and William whenever he came home.  She absolutely loved the gift.

"Have a good night, everyone!" She heard choruses of 'you too' from her workers as Mary-Kate and Antoine stayed behind.  "That includes you two!  Everyone is supposed to be out of here at five o'clock and it's five now."

"Okay, okay," Antoine let out a loud laugh and shook his head at his boss.  "We are leaving.  Right Mary-Kate?"

"Right."

And so they left leaving Evelyn to lock everything up and then she left herself.  She made it to her apartment thirty minutes later and took a shower wanting to scrub clean for the dinner tonight with William's dad and Camilla.  She knew she needed to look her best.  She used her favourite vanilla moisturising body wash as well and once she was done out of the shower she slayed out her outfit on her bed nicely.  

William had sent her texts through out the day to try and calm her down - words of encouragement.  He knew how strongly he felt about her.  How right this was this time.  It was those words that was all she needed to know to get her through the night.  It wasn't that she was worried that they wouldn't like her.  She knew that they did already.  William had told her after the concert how much they all loved her and that encouragement enough but it was normal for those worried thoughts to creep in every once in a while.

She chose to wear skinny black pants, a black and white shirt that had longer sleeves and a scallop design at the edges on the bottom.  She paired it with a long tan coloured dress coat along with some tan faux-leather booties to finish off her outfit.  Evelyn left her blonde hair down straight.  It was chillier at night as Evelyn brought her scarf and mittens as well to make sure she stayed warm while driving to his parents place.  

William had briefed her slightly on what to wear and what not to.  From their conversation on the mobile she gathered that she shouldn't be dressed like she was going to a party but she shouldn't be dressed down either.  She shouldn't be showing any skin that she didn't want them to see which was a given and she was to wear closed toe shoes.  She would have done that anyway as it was a bit nippy outside.  Evelyn also brought a bag for tonight in case she stayed the night.

*

"Hello, darling, you look beautiful," William greeted her at the door and placed a sweet kiss on her forehead.